Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL Draft players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 13 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 5.6 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NOR (H), lei (A), liv (A), CHE (H), mun (A)
What’s Changed?: With such a low average points per game score, this selection might come as a bit of a surprise. To be perfectly honest chaps, Sidibe is realistically only making a one week visit to the hot list; particularly with the tough fixtures coming up after Gameweek 13. However, focusing on this Gameweek, if you are looking for a defender to stream then look no further than Sidibe who we’ve included in our Gameweek 13 Sleepers XI article. Sidibe’s opponents, Norwich City, have been faltering badly since they toppled giants Manchester City. That historic evening in Norfolk seems like a very distant memory to Norwich fans as the Canaries have picked up only one point from a possible 21. However, the most crucial statistic for potential Sidibe owners to be aware of is that Daniel Farke’s side has scored only two goals in the last seven fixtures. All aboard the Sidibe clean sheet; which would be the Toffee’s fourth of the campaign.
Average Score Last 5 Games: 12.2 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: LEI (H), liv (A), ars (A), WOL (H), cry (A)
What’s Changed?: Gross appears to be going completely under the radar right now! Perhaps this is because despite starting the last seven games, Gross was dropped to the bench in Gameweek 12 to accommodate the returning Trossard to the starting XI. However, this provided folly for Brighton as Gross came off the bench (ironically to replace Trossard) to pick up an assist; Gross’s second assist in four Gameweeks which has also included a goal too! With Trossard being ruled out of the Belgium international fixtures with yet another injury; now is the time to stash Gross in your squad and allow him to accrue points with some favorable fixtures coming up.
Team: Newcastle United
Average Score Last 5 Games: 12.5 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: avl (A), MCI (H), shu (A), SOU (H), bur (A)
What’s Changed?: Another player to make our Gameweek 13 Sleepers XI article. This chap has really impressed with some promising performances and his serious pace! We don’t expect Saint-Maximin’s current 55% ownership to stay this low for much longer, with Fantrax managers picking up the forward as an asset they can afford to stash away on their bench. Perhaps the proof of just how good Saint-Maximin has been for Fantrax managers is that in the last five games (all of which he has started) his average points per game score of 12.5 has come about despite picking up just a single attacking return! This chap is a genuine Fantrax points scorer and it would be remiss of you for not picking him up!
Gameweek 13 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (100%, Liverpool) – Just incredible this season. A Top 5 overall player
- Ricardo Pereira (100%, Leicester) – An elite defender this season, consistently scores well. Chilwell and Soyuncu are also great options
- Lucas Digne (100%, Everton) – 40 points gained in the last two games, without any clean sheets. Getting back to his best
- Enda Stevens / Jack O’Connell (81%/77%, Sheffield United) – The Blades are terrific at the back, and these two Chaps are the pick of their defenders. Basham is also a great pick-up
- Jetro Willems (58%, Newcastle) – The left wing-back continues to perform well, and doesn’t need clean sheets. Ritchie may take his place soon though
- Kurt Zouma (49%, Chelsea) – Back to his best, scoring well and not clean sheet dependent
- Jose Holebas (34%, Watford) – Back in the team, and Watford are starting to sort themselves out
- Adam Smith (19%, Bournemouth) – Smith is playing well and has a good fixture up next
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- James Maddison (100%, Leicester) – Making this very good Leicester side tick
- Youri Tielemans (100%, Leicester) – Not exactly under the radar, but not as fashionable as Maddison. Arguably better though
- Christian Pulisic (99%, Chelsea) – The highest scoring midfielder over the last five games… and he only played in four of those games!
- Dele Alli (97%, Tottenham) – He’s back in the side and scoring goals
- James Ward-Prowse (91%, Southampton) – Putting together some great performances recently
- Harvey Barnes (81%, Leicester) – The young winger is on fire, and will surely remain in the side now
- John Fleck (41%, Sheffield United) – Fleck is so consistent. He’ll gain 8 or 9 points every week without fail
- Trezeguet (25%, Aston Villa) – Scoring well and has established himself in the side
- Onel Hernandez (16%, Norwich) – Back from injury, and has displaced early-season favorite Cantwell
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Jamie Vardy (100%, Leicester) – On fire with goals both personally and the whole team! All aboard the Leicester train.
- Tammy Abraham (100%, Chelsea) – Continues to perform… a FWD1 for the rest of the season
- Sadio Mane (100%, Liverpool) – Outshining the more sought after Salah at the moment, he’s the Liverpool player to won
- Raul Jimenez (100%, Wolves) – The Mexican continues to perform very well
- Adama Traore (78%, Wolves) – Continues in the Wolves starting eleven, and a very decent FWD2 or 3 at the moment!
- David McGoldrick (6%, Sheffield United) – Done very well the last three games, could be a great little pick up in larger leagues!
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 13 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best 11, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 4.7 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: mci (A), WHU (H), AST (H), eve (A), BOU (H)
What’s Changed?: We’ve picked a Chelsea defender for the second Hot or Cold article in a row, but whereas in Gameweek 12 Hot or Cold article we highlighted left-back Alonso as someone to consider offloading; we now switch our attention to right-back Azpilicueta. If you’ve not been paying close attention to the Premier League, you might question why we are ranking club legend and captain Azpilicueta as cold; quite simply chaps he was dropped from the starting lineup in Gameweek 12 and it has raised quite a few eyebrows. As the boys have discussed on @FPLKickaround podcast; you need reliable players who will play each week. With Lampard dropping Azpilicueta and even more worryingly his replacement Reece James picking up the Man of the Match award; there will be many Draft EPL managers questioning their ownership of one of the biggest draft legends.
Recommendation: We’d recommend holding onto Azpilicueta for the time being as Lampard has suggested that his captain was only being rested with big games to come. That being said, if Azpilicueta puts in a couple of decent scoring Gameweeks; look to cash in on a trade with guaranteed starting Defender 1 or 2.
Team: West Ham
Average Score Last 5 Games: 5.3 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: TOT (H), che (A), wol (A), ARS (H), sou (A)
What’s Changed?: Lanzini is injured, again. We, like all Fantrax managers, are gutted about this latest injury news because Lanzini is a complete baller; but the reality is that even without the injury, the Argentinean may have found himself on the Cold list. Form has deserted both Lanzini and West Ham, but the fact that Lanzini is likely to be out of action for a minimum of two months is absolutely catastrophic for Lanzini owners.
Recommendation: Drop with immediate effect. If available, the man you need to look to as a replacement is Lanzini’s West Ham colleague Antonio who is picked out in the recent GW13 Waiver Wire and Trade Targets article by @draftgenie.
Average Score Last 5 Games: 0.20 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NOR (H), lei (A), liv (A), CHE (H), mun (A)
What’s Changed?: Well, the initial ‘settling in’ phase has now passed and Kean is still not featuring for Everton in any capacity other than off the bench. Worse still, recently Everton has chosen Tosun to start ahead of Kean in Gameweek 12. That decision came after Tosun scored in the draw with Spurs in Gameweek 11. Kean has slipped so far down the pecking order that this week rumours have broken that Everton is looking to let Kean leave the club in January. Rumors we don’t think have any substance; but then Kean’s father has come out in the press this week to slam the decision made to join the Toffee’s.
Recommendation: Drop with immediate effect and pick up someone like Mousset, McGoldrick, Connolly, or Saint-Maximin.
Gameweek 13 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Marcos Alonso (95%, Chelsea) – Emerson has taken his place in the side. Potentially worth owning if you can afford to bench him for most weeks when he doesn’t start
- Michael Keane (77%, Everton) – Holgate is preferred at the moment, and Everton won their last game. Doesn’t look good for Keane
- Seamus Coleman (82%, Everton) – As we expected, Sidibe has kept his place in the side. Time to drop Coleman
- Toby Alderweireld (72%, Tottenham) – Drop him. Scoring poorly and Tottenham have a leaky defense
- Erik Pieters / Matthew Lowton (72%/49%, Burnley) – Both dropped for Gameweek 12, and Burnley kept a clean sheet. Looks like Bardsley and Taylor will be the full-backs for the time being
- Jannik Vestergaard (41%, Southampton) – Needs to be dropped. Scoring poorly and Southampton concede a lot
- Adam Webster (10%, Brighton) – Out for another month or so, and Duffy will be looking to establish himself in the side once again
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Christian Eriksen (100%, Tottenham) – Just not happening for him this season, and he looks set to leave in January. Try and trade him out
- Riyad Mahrez (100%, Manchester City) – Zero minutes of action in the last four weeks. Try and trade him out if you can get decent value, but if not keep hold of him and slot him into your side when he does start – his PPM is pretty great
- Todd Cantwell (74%, Norwich) – The youngster has lost his place in the side, but could slot into the CAM position as Stiepermann continues to perform poorly
- Andros Townsend (65%, Crystal Palace) – It’s just not happening for him this season… hold him and bench him if you own him though, he could get back to form
- Oleksandr Zinchenko (56%, Manchester City) – Time to drop him, Mendy is proving his fitness and Angelino is playing well. Minutes will be limited
- Roberto Pereyra (45%, Watford) – Scoring very poorly, and not well suited to Togga scoring. Drop him
- Solly March (42%, Brighton) – Not getting a look in at the moment, time to drop him unless you can afford to keep a non-playing player in your squad
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Kane / Aguero / Wilson (100%) – All scoring very poorly, with less than 25 points gained each during the last 5 weeks… their trade value is too low to consider shipping them out though!
- Teemu Pukki (98%, Norwich) – On a big goal drought, but scored decent ghost points in Gameweek 12. Hold him, as his trade value is too low
- Nicolas Pepe (96%, Arsenal) – We warned you Chaps a couple of weeks ago about Pepe’s minutes potentially reducing… he didn’t even make it off the bench in Gameweek 11
- Wesley (77%, Aston Villa) – He plays every game, but is pretty goal dependent. Try and trade him out if you can
- Pedro (56%, Chelsea) – Not featuring at the moment, and doesn’t look like he will do any time soon. Drop him if you need the squad space
Wondering who the best current Fantasy EPL players to target are? Look no further than our Top 120 ROS Player Rankings on Fantrax!!
Having an active Fantrax Fantasy EPL league is absolutely essential. Follow these tips to maintain an active league for the whole season!!
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax has been one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not stopping anytime soon! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.