Fantasy EPL Gameweek 8: Hot or Cold Player Rankings
Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL Draft players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 8 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 8.62 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: SOU (A), NEW (H), BUR (A), WAT (A), CRY (H)
What’s Changed?: Tomori is so hot right now that we even picked the young Chelsea central defender in our upcoming Chaps Choice Sleepers XI this Gameweek. Having only featured in four Gameweeks, the young defender averages an impressive 8.62 points. Moreover, many football pundits and experts would argue that since Tomori’s introduction to the side, Chelsea has looked more stable at the back. Gameweek 8 opponents Southampton can be a hot and cold side; with the main attacking threat coming from Nathan Redmond. Weirdly, Southampton has been better on the road than at home. Strange; as most lower-ranked sides tend to use home fixtures as a fortress. We expect Chelsea to shut out Southampton this weekend, and for Tomori to pick up his and Chelsea’s second cleanie.
Team: Sheffield United
Average Score Last 5 Games: 8.3 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: WAT (A), ARS (H), WHU (A), BUR (H), TOT (H)
What’s Changed?: With relatively low ownership Norwood is a must-have for this Gameweek. The Blades central midfield maestro has been returning excellent scores, notably 13.5 points in the Gameweek 5 loss to Southampton. However, it is Norwood’s ability to steadily accrue points that makes him such a must-have for any Fantrax squad at the moment. For instance, in his last five Gameweeks, Norwood averages 8.3 points, but his season tally is an impressive 9.36 points. With struggling Watford up next we’d expect Norwood to add to his overall points haul of 65.5 points. The Sheffield United man is a great player to target for trades!
Team: Aston Villa
Average Score Last 5 Games: 8.5 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NOR (A), BHA (H), MCI (A), LIV (H), WOL (A)
What’s Changed?: Wesley is very goal dependent which typically isn’t the best thing when picking out a player to stream. However, this week Wesley is playing Norwich City and, well reader, we all know how poor the Canaries defense is! Norwich average 2.28 goals conceded per game, and their chances of rectifying this worrying statistic will be pretty low with so many injuries across the squad and will be forced into fielding their third-choice keeper this weekend. Wesley looks prime to add to his solid points-scoring tally.
Gameweek 8 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
- Callum Wilson (100%, Forward, Bournemouth)
- Son Heung-Min (100%, Forward, Tottenham)
- Andriy Yarmolenko (76%, Forward, West Ham)
- Chris Wood (45%, Forward, Burnley)
- Adama Traore (40%, Forward, Wolves)
- Kevin De Bruyne (100%, Midfielder, Manchester City)
- Riyad Mahrez (100%, Midfielder, Manchester City)
- Emi Buendia (95%, Midfielder, Norwich)
- Mason Mount (93%, Midfielder, Chelsea)
- John McGinn (93%, Midfielder, Aston Villa)
- Anwar El Ghazi (60%, Midfielder, Aston Villa)
- Sofiane Boufal (41%, Midfielder, Southampton)
- Tom Cleverley (39%, Midfielder, Watford)
- Ricardo Pereira (100%, Defender, Leicester)
- Erik Pieters (87%, Defender, Burnley)
- Enda Stevens (66%, Defender, Sheffield United)
- Diego Rico (60%, Defender, Bournemouth)
- Aaron Cresswell (34%, Defender, West Ham)
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 8 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best eleven, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Team: Tottenham Hotspur
Average Score Last 5 Games: 5.70
Next 5 Fixtures: BHA (A), WAT (H), LIV (A), EVE (A), SHU (H)
What’s Changed?: Our patience has finally run out. Whilst we’ve picked out Alderweireld, to be perfectly honest chaps, we could have picked any of the Spurs defenders. Tottenham have been poor at the back, with only one clean sheet so far this season. Alderweireld, similar to Kyle Walker, starts for a Top Six club, but actually scores pretty poorly. His 22.75 points haul in Gameweek 5 is skewing his statistics.
Recommendation: We recommend trying to trade Alderweireld out to a manager who hasn’t realized that Spurs have kept only one clean sheet in the opening seven Gameweeks! His high ownership of 87%, suggests that Fantrax managers are holding onto Alderweireld in the hope that his form improves. After seven games and an average of 5.07 points per game, our patience has run out.
Average Score Last 5 Games: 5.7 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NOR (H), whu (A), MCI (H), ars (A), LEI (H)
What’s Changed?: Despite a very mini-revival throughout the Draft Fantasy Football world that Ozil was to return to the starting lineup and becoming the player he once was; this has not materialized. Youngster Saka has started ahead of Ozil in Gameweek 6 and 7. Moreover, Saka looked really lively. Even youngsters Nelson, Willock, and Martinelli made the bench ahead of him for the Gameweek 7 trip to Old Trafford. Awful.
Recommendation: Drop him immediately. Anyone that is still persisting with Ozil is kidding themselves. Having started one game, played only 71 minutes of football, and been selected in just three matchday squads; it looks very unlikely that Ozil will get much playing time this season.
Average Score Last 5 Games: 5.2 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: CHE (H), WOL (A), LEI (H), MCI (A), EVE (H)
What’s Changed?: This season started well for Adams having been selected to start in every Gameweek up until this most recent Gameweek 7. Despite starting and playing a handsome amount of minutes; Adams has not scored a goal or registered an assist.
Recommendation: With Ings coming into the starting lineup and scoring, we think Adams will find it hard to displace Ings from his slot in the starting lineup. Considering Adams hasn’t scored a goal yet either, we’d advise dropping Adams for the time being, but keep an eye on the lineups over the coming Gameweeks.
Gameweek 8 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
- Ashley Barnes (96%, Forward, Burnley) – Scoring very poorly, but stick with him for now
- Moise Kean (73%, Forward, Everton) – Rotational. Bear with him while he’s settling in
- Jordan Ayew (56%, Forward, Crystal Palace) – Early season form has disappeared. Drop him
- Andre Gray (23%, Forward, Watford) – Watford is in all sorts. Drop him
- Christian Pulisic (95%, Midfielder, Chelsea) – Not playing at the moment, and CHO is back in action. Try and trade him out
- Daniel James (94%, Midfielder, Manchester United) – Extremely goal dependent – try and trade him out
- Lucas Moura (90%, Midfielder, Tottenham) – Not in the best XI, consider dropping him depending on the free-agent pool
- Dani Ceballos (89%, Midfielder, Arsenal) – Not performing well, try and trade him out
- Todd Cantwell (85%, Midfielder, Norwich) – Try and trade him out… early season form is disappearing
- Ross Barkley (72%, Midfielder, Chelsea) – His minutes are reducing, try and trade him out, and consider dropping him
- Harry Wilson (69%, Midfielder, Bournemouth) – Very goal dependent, try and trade him to a less informed manager
- Leandro Trossard (57%, Midfielder, Brighton) – Currently injured, but keep hold of him
- Christian Atsu (51%, Midfielder, Newcastle) – Consider dropping him, depending on the free agent pool. Newcastle are very poor
- Kyle Walker (97%, Defender, Manchester City) – Try and trade him out, big-name player who’s scoring poorly
- Serge Aurier (83%, Defender, Tottenham) – We all thought he was finally about to make the right-back slot his own, but a red card in GW7 throws it wide open again. Retain, and see whether he returns after the suspension
- Yannick Vestergaard (70%, Defender, Southampton) – The early season favorite has dropped down to his expected scoring level. Try and trade him out
- Yerry Mina (64%, Defender, Everton) – Early season cleanie favorites have dropped off. Find an alternative
- David Luiz (59%, Defender, Arsenal) – Drop him. Scoring poorly and Arsenal conceding goals
- Arthur Masuaku (43%, Defender, West Ham) – Cresswell has taken advantage of Masuaku’s suspension and nailed down the left-back slot. Drop him
Looking for a better way to play Fantasy Soccer? Our Fantasy EPL 101 looks into the world of ‘Draft’ Fantasy EPL, providing details of how it works, and why it is the best version of the game!
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax is one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2018 and we’re not stopping anytime soon! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.