Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL Draft players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 9 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 12.81 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NOR (H), WAT (A), MUN (H), NEW (A), WOL (H)
What’s Changed?: We love Rico and so should all of you Fantrax managers! Finding a defender that isn’t reliant on clean sheets in Draft EPL is essential! Rico is averaging 12.35 points per game, which for a defender is huge! Ok chaps, we hear you; Rico has only played five games out of the opening eight. But five games is a decent chunk of the season so far; so we’d challenge the notion that it is too soon to judge. The draft game moves fast, and mounting a challenge for the title when playing Fantrax requires manager to be adaptable. With Rico riding the wave of great form, we implore you all to jump on this chap. Norwich up next, there’s a fair chance Rico will pick up an attacking return!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 7.5 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: AVL (A), EVE (H), NOR (H), MUN (A), LEI (H)
What’s Changed?: With Trossard and Propper both out injured, Gross has taken full advantage. Gross is starting to look his old self; remember that player who burst onto the Premier League scenes with seven goals and eight assists? But so far this season, Gross hasn’t picked up an attacking return! It isn’t always about attacking returns in Fantrax chaps, ghost points (I’ve heard this term ‘Ghost Points’ bandied around everywhere… want to know more? Lucky for you reader, we explained in detail on Episode 5 of the FPL Kickaround Podcast what ‘ghost points’ are) can help any player to churn out the points; 7.4 points per Gameweek isn’t bad. Our colleague and fellow Fantrax writer @draftgenie pointed out in the FPL Kickaround podcast last week; players like Gross are essential to a Fantrax championship-winning side.
Average Score Last 5 Games: 12.5 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NEW (H), BUR (A), WAT (A), CRY (H), MCI (A)
What’s Changed?: For a start, he is fit! Hudson-Odoi has only featured in two Gameweeks this season, but the impact has been significant. Gameweek 7 saw an impressive haul of 9.5 points, thanks largely to an assist; this came from only 27 minutes as a substitute. Backing up from Gameweek 7, Hudson-Odoi put in a stellar performance, starting and playing 80 minutes, he again picked up an assist on route to 14.5 points. If available in your Fantrax league, you must sign Hudson-Odoi, otherwise, go hard for a trade! We’ve ranked him in the Top 25 in our ROS Player Rankings too!
Gameweek 9 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
- Tammy Abraham (100%, Forward, Chelsea)
- Callum Wilson (100%, Forward, Bournemouth)
- Wesley (91%, Forward, Aston Villa)
- Andriy Yarmolenko (91%, Forward, West Ham)
- Adama Traore (91%, Forward, Wolves)
- Danny Ings (82%, Forward, Southampton)
- Kevin De Bruyne (100%, Midfielder, Manchester City)
- Emi Buendia (100%, Midfielder, Norwich)
- Mason Mount (100%, Midfielder, Chelsea)
- John McGinn (100%, Midfielder, Aston Villa)
- Anwar El Ghazi (91%, Midfielder, Aston Villa)
- Oliver Norwood (82%, Midfielder, Sheffield United)
- Tom Cleverley (55%, Midfielder, Watford)
- Aaroy Mooy (18%, Midfielder, Brighton)
- Ricardo Pereira (100%, Defender, Leicester)
- Fikayo Tomori (82%, Defender, Chelsea)
- Enda Stevens (73%, Defender, Sheffield United)
- Matthew Lowton (73%, Defender, Burnley)
- Ryan Fredericks (64%, Defender, West Ham)
- Kurt Zouma (64%, Defender, Chelsea)
- Jetro Willems (27%, Defender, Newcastle)
- Matt Targett (27%, Defender, Aston Villa)
- Adam Webster (18%, Defender, Brighton)
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 9 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best eleven, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 3.05
Next 5 Fixtures: WHU (H), BHA (A), TOT (H), SOU (A), NOR (H)
What’s Changed?: This season Keane is one of those players that relies so heavily on clean sheets for points on Fantrax. In the two big points hauls Keane has collected this season, one was from a clean sheet; the other in a loss but for the first time ghost points from shots saved the Everton center-back.
Recommendation: We recommend trying to trade Keane out to a manager who hasn’t realized that Everton has kept only two clean sheets so far this season! With the cleanies drying up, and some attacking teams coming up for Everton; points for Keane could be at a real premium chaps.
Average Score Last 5 Games: 4.4 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: TOT (A), BOU (H), CHE (H), NOR (A), BUR (H)
What’s Changed?: Plenty of Fantasy EPL Draft Managers have stuck by the Fantrax legend, but this season just hasn’t got going for Doucoure. With only two decent returns this season, the last three weeks have been a disaster for Doucoure managers. 2.5 points at home to Sheffield United was the final straw.
Recommendation: Drop him immediately chaps. With Watford in such poor form we can’t see things improving for Doucoure particularly with the fixtures coming up; Spurs will be looking to kick start their season and Bournemouth and Chelsea are free-scoring and in great form.
Average Score Last 5 Games: N/A
Next 5 Fixtures: CHE (H), WOL (A), LEI (H), MCI (A), EVE (H)
What’s Changed?: This season has been a total nightmare for the senior Chelsea striker. Many Draft EPL managers had Giroud down in this season’s drafts as a second, if not, third choice striker; but nobody expected Abraham to step up as he has done.
Recommendation: Are we really talking about Giroud? Well yes, because of the 18% ownership. You must drop Giroud immediately. There should be no debate. If you still have Giroud, you are on route for the sacko.
Gameweek 9 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
- Ashley Barnes (100%, Forward, Burnley) – Scoring very poorly, but stick with him for now
- Moise Kean (82%, Forward, Everton) – Rotational. Bear with him while he’s settling in
- Glenn Murray (55%, Forward, Brighton) – Maupay and Connolly will keep him out of the side for the foreseeable future. Drop him
- Andre Gray (27%, Forward, Watford) – Watford is in all sorts. Drop him
- Che Adams (18%, Forward, Southampton) – A decent start to the season scoring decent points without attacking returns, but Ings has taken over as first choice
- Christian Pulisic (100%, Midfielder, Chelsea) – Not playing at the moment, and CHO is back in action. Try and trade him out
- Daniel James (100%, Midfielder, Manchester United) – Extremely goal dependent – try and trade him out
- Dani Ceballos (100%, Midfielder, Arsenal) – Not performing well, try and trade him out
- Todd Cantwell (100%, Midfielder, Norwich) – Try and trade him out while he’s still on form… his early-season form is starting to disappear
- Lucas Moura (91%, Midfielder, Tottenham) – Not in the best XI, consider dropping him depending on the free-agent pool
- Harry Wilson (69%, Midfielder, Bournemouth) – Very goal dependent, try and trade him to a less informed manager
- Miguel Almiron (64%, Midfielder, Newcastle) – Drop him. Not performing well
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles (55%, Midfielder, Arsenal) – Lost his place in the side to Chambers, and Bellerin will be back soon. Drop him
- Mesut Ozil (45%, Midfielder, Arsenal) – Just drop him right now
- Christian Atsu (27%, Midfielder, Newcastle) – Drop him he’s not in the current best eleven
- Kyle Walker (100%, Defender, Manchester City) – Try and trade him out, big-name player who’s scoring poorly
- Toby Alderweireld (91%, Defender, Tottenham) – Drop him. Scoring poorly and Tottenham have a leaky defense
- Jonny (82%, Defender, Wolves) – Try and trade him out… not scoring as well as last season
- Yannick Vestergaard (70%, Defender, Southampton) – The early season favorite has dropped down to his expected scoring level. Try and trade him out
- Yerry Mina (73%, Defender, Everton) – Early season cleanie favorites have dropped off. Find an alternative
- Arthur Masuaku (43%, Defender, West Ham) – Cresswell has taken advantage of Masuaku’s suspension and nailed down the left-back slot. Drop him
Previous Hot or Cold Player Rankings Editions: Gameweek 2 | Gameweek 3 | Gameweek 4 | Gameweek 5 | Gameweek 6 | Gameweek 7 | Gameweek 8 |
Looking for a better way to play Fantasy Soccer? Our Fantasy EPL 101 looks into the world of ‘Draft’ Fantasy EPL, providing details of how it works, and why it is the best version of the game!
Wondering who the best low ownership players to target are? Look no further than our Fantasy EPL Sleepers Rankings for Gameweeks 9 to 13!
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax is one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019. With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.