As we look at Week 13 EPL sit or start players, we have a series of intriguing matchups that could significantly impact the standings at both ends of the table. The highlight of the round is undoubtedly the clash between Manchester City and Liverpool, a fixture that could set the tone for the rest of the season. There are some players available on the waiver wire too. With several teams battling for the top spots and others fighting to avoid relegation, every match carries substantial weight. EPL managers should adjust their lineups based on the matchups and form.
Week 13 EPL Sit or Start
Manchester City vs. Liverpool (Saturday, November 25, 7:30 AM EST)
A huge showdown at the Etihad Stadium between the top two teams in the EPL, with Liverpool seeking their first Premier League win there since November 2015.
- Sit: I’m hesitant to start defenders for either team not named Virgil Van Dyke or Trent Alexander-Arnold since both teams are pushing forward aggressively. It looks like Erling Haaland won’t be fit, so check the lineups and adjust as needed.
- Start: Don’t overthink this. Play the players you normally play. City scores goals, especially at home, but Liverpool will give them a game.
Newcastle vs. Chelsea (Saturday, November 25, 10:00 AM EST)
Newcastle aims to compound Chelsea’s recent struggles, as Newcastle continues to impress even with mounting injuries.
- Sit: Newcastle are dealing with serious injury concerns across the field. They’ve been able to cope in the back but less so offensively. Even still I don’t trust Chelsea’s defense, besides Reece James.
- Start: I’m starting Reece James for sure if I can. He’s back in good form. Cole Palmer is also making the roster now week in and week out. Joelinton has looked active and confident. He’s worth a look.
Brentford vs. Arsenal (Saturday, November 25, 12:30 PM ET)
Arsenal visits Brentford in a London derby. The Gunners have an opportunity to move up the table as City and Liverpool battle it out.
- Sit: If you have other offensive options, I’m thinking about benching Bee forwards, Wissa and Mbuneo, as they face the top (tied) defense in the league at the Emirates.
- Start: This is simple. I’m starting healthy Arsenal players here.
Burnley vs. West Ham (Saturday, November 25, 10:00 AM EST)
West Ham faces Burnley, with both teams looking to improve their standings. Neither team has impressed recently, but the pressure is on Burnley here to win, as they have lost four straight.
- Sit: Jarrod Bowen is a doubt and Antonio is definitely out.
- Start: James Ward-Prowse is a must-start, and Mohammed Kudus and Thomas Soucek both should start as well. I like Kudus here, who is battling for a starting spot. Josh Brownhill should be on your radar to start too.
Luton vs. Crystal Palace (Saturday, November 25, 10:00 AM EST)
Crystal Palace visits Luton in a match that could be crucial for both sides, especially Luton who have clawed their way out of the bottom four.
- Sit: Luton defenders. Even at home, Luton has too many question marks.
- Start: Eze is back for Palace, and scored last week. His midfield partner Olise is also in contention. This is great news for Palace who struggled offensively without them. Ross Barkley becomes an interesting option for Luton.
Nottingham Forest vs. Brighton (Saturday, November 25, 10:00 AM EST)
Nottingham Forest squares off against Brighton in a mid-table game.
- Sit: I love the Segaulls when they are healthy. But they are not. At all. There are some options, but there are also so many questions.
- Start: I’m starting players for Forest here. I just like Forest at home, and home likes Forest, where they have yet to lose.
Sheffield United vs. Bournemouth (Saturday, November 25, 10:00 AM EST)
An absolutely massive match for both teams as they strive for to climb out of the basement of the league. This is huge.
- Sit: Goalies for either team. These teams concede goals and don’t create even chances to make the saves worthwhile.
- Start: Dominic Solanke should get a starting spot in your team this week, as he plays the worst team in the league.
Tottenham vs. Aston Villa (Sunday, November 26, 9:00 AM EST)
Spurs, sitting in fourth place, faces fifth-placed Aston Villa. Spurs have lost two straight and will be looking to reclaim their form and keep their place in Europe.
- Sit: Cristian Romero and Micky van de Ven are out, and Udogie is doubtful. It makes it hard to rely on a Spurs defense or keeper.
- Start: Ollie Watkins will be looking forward to going at the make-shift Tottenham defense. I’m starting attacking Villa players here.
Everton vs. Manchester United (Sunday, November 26, 11:30 AM EST)
Everton, looking to escape the relegation zone after the huge points deduction, takes on Manchester United at Goodison Park.
- Sit: Andre Onana is a doubt in goal for United. Check in before starting him. Rasmus Hojlund has yet to score in the EPL and has a knock too.
- Start: Marcus Rashford continues to struggle, but I’m still starting him in this game. I’m always starting James Tarkowski for Everton.
Fulham vs. Wolves (Monday, November 27, 3:00 PM EST)
Fulham hosts Wolverhampton Wanderers, concluding this match week.
- Sit: Neto is still sidelined for Wolves, which gives them much less teeth offensively. They’ve yet to find someone to make up for his play. I’m staying away from Wolves attackers.
- Start: Raul Jimenez finally scored for Wolves and will be looking to make it back-to-back against his former club. This has a 0-0 draw written all over it. I’m looking at Americans (Happy Late Thanksgiving) Antonee Robison and Tim Ream to play well.
Good luck as you decide for your own EPL Sit or Start on the week!