Our Gameweek 5 Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Draft Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 5 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Form Last 30 Days: 13.67 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: che (A), EVE (H), avl (A), NEW (H), wol (A)
What’s Changed?: I’m going to kick this week’s article off with a pretty simple message: PICK THIS MAN UP! Vestergaard is an absolute beast, in the three GWs he has played, he scored double digits in every fixture. We talk about the likes of Boly and how they just attract Fantrax points, and Vestergaard is in the same category.
Team: West Ham
Form Last 30 Days: 9.38 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: tot (A), MCI (H), liv (A), FUL (H), shu (A)
What’s Changed?: It was a quiet start for the man many had been all out for in the draft as a tasty MID-3, but Soucek is back in the Fantrax points, and now is the time to go out and pick him up. I was tempted to put Soucek’s West Ham colleague, Pablo Fornals, in here. But unlike Fornals, Soucek is not reliant on attacking returns for points!
Form Last 30 Days: 10.5 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: SOU (H), mun (A), bur (A), SHU (H), new (A)
What’s Changed?: I don’t think Abraham will be a long term pick up, as Chelsea will have Pulisic back to full fitness soon, and Werner isn’t going to be the man to make way. But let’s ride the good vibes Abraham is giving us right now, and as he is in pretty hot form with 28 points from his last two games. I’d be looking to use Abraham as trade bait to bring in someone faltering at the moment, but will come good – maybe a Martial or Rashford if you’re lucky.
Gameweek 5 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Lucas Digne (100%, Everton) – Such an elite Fantrax player.
- Timothy Castagne (95%, Leicester) – Has made a huge impact in his opening few games.
- Romain Saiss (96%, Wolves) – Averaging 11.62 points from the first four GW’s.
- Tariq Lamptey (95%, Brighton) – Anyone picking him up as a DEF-4 is loving life hey chaps, just keep an eye on the injury news.
- Matthew Cash (56%, Aston Villa) – Loves to get forward and will score very well.
- Arthur Masuaku (51%, West Ham) – Playing as a left wing-back and The Hammers are looking good.
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Jack Grealish (100%, Aston Villa) – The new Gazza is picked up a 50 pointer in GW4!
- Kalvin Phillips (96%, Leeds) – A must own. Takes corners and free kicks.
- James Rodriguez (93%, Everton) – Dreamy start for the former Galacticos!
- Andros Townsend (90%, Crystal Palace) – A firm favorite amongst the FPL Kickaround podcast chaps and is taking his opportunities.
- Ross Barkley (79%, Aston Villa) – 16 points on his debut. Sign him up if you still can.
- Solly March (68%, Brighton) – Looks nailed in the side and picking up good points.
- Scott McTominay (14%, Manchester United) – I think this lad is underrated and certainly worth a look if you’re chasing a MID-5.
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Son Heung-Min (100%, Spurs) – Well he certainly isn’t out for four weeks injured…
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (100%, Everton) – “With the likes of Richarlison, James, and Doucoure feeding the young Englishman, he’s in for a bumper season” is what I wrote after GW1. Huge season ahead!
- Harry Kane (100%, Spurs) – Another one of the absolute “obviously he’s on your hot list”
- Neal Maupay (97%, Brighton) – After a quiet start to life in the EPL, Maupay is turning up.
- Ollie Watkins (86%, Aston Villa) – Welcome to the Premier League. If he is free, pick him up as a FWD-2/3.
- Steven Alzate (19%, Brighton) – The Brighton man is establishing himself in the side and picking up decent ghost points.
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 5 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best 11, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Virgil van Dijk
Form Last 30 Days: 4 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: eve (A), SHU (H), WHU (H), mci (A), LEI (H)
What’s Changed?: The 7-2 defeat has probably skewed the PPG outlook, but let us not forget reader, that van Dijk only registered 2.75 points in GW3. It’s not all doom and gloom, I’d most certainly rather own van Dijk than not; but for one of the top defenders, an average of 4 points in the opening rounds is pretty cold form.
Recommendation: If you own van Dijk, hold him. If you don’t own van Dijk find a manager willing to accept a trade. Be bold, be cheeky – offer up someone like Boly.
Team: Manchester United
Form Last 30 Days: 5 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: new (A), CHE (H), ARS (H), eve (A), WBA (H)
What’s Changed?: It hasn’t clicked just yet for Pogba this season. He has not been able to affect a game at all, and with things going pretty badly for United and Ole; something will change. I am suspecting a change in formation, hopefully to the betterment of Pogba, allowing him more freedom. Yet Ole is, well, Ole. So Pogba could easily find himself on the bench.
Recommendation: I’d hold on to Pogba for the time being, its too early to give up on a player that could end up scoring huge points.
Team: Manchester City
Form Last 30 Days: 15.5 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: ARS (H), whu (A), shu (A), LIV (H), tot (A)
What’s Changed?: It is such a shame Jesus got injured, particularly after an impressive performance and goal in GW3. But it is almost symptomatic of Jesus‘ time with Manchester City, when he’s had opportunities he has taken them but then got injured. Aguero will be fit soon (check in with injury Ben) too!
Recommendation: If you own Jesus it’s unlikely you are relying on him as FWD-1; you didn’t take that gamble did you chap? So I’d be looking to see if I can work out a trade for a FWD-2, who is fit.
Gameweek 5 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Matt Doherty (97%, Spurs) – Dropped (rotated) the week after his highest score this season by some margin (9.75 points). Be done with the headache, trade Doherty away.
- Kyle Walker (89%, Manchester City) – A steady decline for Walker in terms of Fantrax points scoring, having averaged 6.9 PPG last season, I don’t expect any better this season. Trade away.
- Enda Stevens (75%, Sheffield United) – A massive fall from grace after a 10 pointer in GW3. Stevens (and Sheffield United) look very off-color. Trade away.
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- James Maddison (100%, Leicester City) – Working his way back from injury since the summer has meant a slow start and a frustrating start for Maddison managers! Keep up-to-date with injury Ben!
- Joao Moutinho (86%, Wolves) – You know how we always bang on about Moutinho being an absolute banker for solid MID-3 points. Well, he isn’t living up to his hype at the moment! Hold him, unless a tasty trade is on the cards.
- Dele Alli (72%, Tottenham) – Literally where does he fit into this Tottenham team?!
- Ayoze Perez (52%, Leicester City) – Three games with zero impact and low scores. With new signing Under (that is his name) joining, I think Perez makes way.
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Anthony Martial (97%, Manchester United) – Started the season poorly, and is now suspended for three games.
- Mason Greenwood (96%, Manchester United) – I am so sure United will change their formation, and whilst Pogba could be made the scapegoat I think Greenwood is the more likely player to make way.
- Nicolas Pepe (81%, Arsenal) – This chap is a constant headache.
- Jordan Ayew (62%, Crystal Palace) – With two losses on the bounce for Palace I suspect Hodgson will ring a few changes with Ayew most likely to make way. New signing Eze looks sharp, Zaha is Zaha, and Townsend is in the best form for as long as I can remember. Benteke in anyone?
- Oliver McBurnie (41%, Sheffield United) – This summers ‘go-to’ FWD-3, with all Draft EPL commentators writing up glowing reports on McBurnie. In truth, I’ve (Chap 2) never been a fan (from watching him in the Championship). Now with Brewster coming in and Sheffield struggling (lets remember that even last year they hardly set the world on fire in attack), I can’t see things improving for McBurnie.
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not letting our foot off the pedal now! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.