It’s a brutal week for tight ends. Six teams have byes this week, keeping T.J. Hockenson, Dalton Kincaid, and Cole Kmet — all top-12 tight ends — on the shelf. Additionally, injuries continue to take their toll on the Week 13 tight end rankings, with Luke Musgrave the latest to hit the IR. On the bright side, Dallas Goedert could return to action this week. But overall, the tight end landscape is bleak in Week 13.
Injuries to monitor for Week 13
- Dallas Goedert fractured his forearm in Week 9 and could return this week. If he starts, Goedert could be on limited snaps in a tough matchup against the 49ers.
- Trey McBride is dealing with a groin injury. He’s been limited in practice this week, so be sure to stay on top of injury reports before game time.
Tight End Notes
Bye Weeks: BAL, BUF, CHI, LVR, MIN, NYG
- Pat Freiermuth was the main beneficiary of a Matt Canada-less offense in Week 12. He led the team in both targets and yards, hauling in 9-of-11 passes for a career-high 120 yards. Freiermuth will look to keep things rolling this week against the Cardinals. Arizona is one of the better defenses against tight ends this season. However, they’ve been vulnerable in the end zone, allowing five touchdowns to the position in their last five games. I like Freiermuth’s chances of finding paydirt this week, and he’s the TE7 in my Week 13 tight end rankings.
- Dalton Schultz is coming off his worst game of the season, catching one of two targets for two yards. He also split snaps and routes with fellow tight end Brevin Jordan, who came off the IR in Week 11. It’s unclear if Schultz was affected by an injury, making him a riskier option in Week 13 — despite a juicy matchup. Houston faces a leaky Denver defense that cedes the most fantasy points, yards, and touchdowns to tight ends. Schultz is still a TE1 for me in Week 13, especially given the thin options at the position this week. UPDATE: Schultz is dealing with a hamstring injury and is expected to miss Week 13.
- The Saints could be without wideouts Chirs Olave (concussion) and Rashid Shaeed (thigh) in Week 13, and Juwan Johnson could benefit. His seven targets last week ranked as second-most on the team, and he hauled in four for 45 yards. He’s also seen five targets in two of his last three games. Detroit has a mediocre defense that has given up five touchdowns to the position, tied for second-most. Johnson could be high on the depth chart this week and is worth a look if you’re in a bind. He’s the TE13 in my Week 13 tight end rankings.
- If you’re streaming tight ends this week, consider Tyler Conklin. He gets a favorable matchup against a Falcons defense that has allowed the fourth-most fantasy points per game to the position. They’ve also given up the second-most receptions and fifth-most yards to tight ends. While it’s hard to trust the Jets’ offense, Conklin has seen at least five targets in three of the last four games. Additionally, his 187 yards in that span are tied for 10th-most at the position. Conklin is a top-tier TE2 with upside in Week 13.
Week 13 Tight End Rankings
Note: Ranks based on half-PPR scoring
|Donald Parham Jr.