Here we are, the final week of the fantasy football season. If you’re playing for all the marbles this week, congratulations! Hopefully, my Week 17 tight end rankings will help you secure victory this week, no matter what place you’re playing for.
Also, COVID-19 has had significant impacts on fantasy lineups in the past couple of weeks. It’s important to stay on top of all the news – and have some backup options in mind – as managers who roster Travis Kelce found out last week.
Now, let’s get to those rankings, and keep in mind they’re based on half-PPR scoring. Good luck, everybody!
Week 17 Tight End Notes
- Mark Andrews is getting hot at the right time. In the past three weeks, he’s scored four touchdowns and has at least 115 receiving yards in each of those games. He’s a no-brainer for fantasy lineups.
- Zach Ertz has been coming on strong in the past couple of weeks, especially with DeAndre Hopkins out for the season. He’s seen double-digit targets in back-to-back games and has 31 targets in the past three weeks – second only to Mark Andrews amongst tight ends. Ertz gets a favorable matchup against the Cowboys, who are a friendly defense against tight ends.
- Dalton Schultz continues to produce for fantasy managers. He’s second on the team in targets (91) and is coming off consecutive games with at least 65 yards and a touchdown. Despite a tough matchup against the Cardinals this week, Shultz is still a mid-to-low end TE1.
- Keep an eye on the status of Pat Freiermuth. He was out last week with a concussion — his second in the past month. Freiermuth has a knack for finding the end zone, scoring six touchdowns in his last eight games. If he plays, he’d slot back in as a TE1 this week against the Browns, who have given up eight touchdowns this season to tight ends, tied for fifth-most.
- Assuming Darren Waller remains out, Foster Moreau is a solid play in Week 17. He has at least 65 receiving yards in the past two weeks and gets a juicy matchup against the Colts. On the season, the Colts have allowed the most receiving yards to tight ends, and rank fourth-worst against the position. If you find yourself scrambling for a tight end option this week, you could do worse than Moreau.
Week 17 Tight End Rankings
What!? Your league isn’t hosted on Fantrax!? Once you see how Fantrax stacks up to the competition, we think you’ll be singing a different tune next season.
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2020, and we’re not stopping now. With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.