What a week by C.J. Stroud! He went off to the tune of 470 passing yards and five touchdowns. It was a remarkable performance that set the record for passing yards by a rookie. It also marked the first time in NFL history that a rookie threw for 400+ yards, with five scores and no interceptions in a single game. Stroud continues to impress and shoot up the ranks. He’s the QB6 in my Week 10 quarterback rankings.
The big news on the injury front is the loss of Daniel Jones for the season due to a torn ACL. The last quarterbacks standing for the G-Men are Tommy DeVito and Matt Barkley. Brutal. Bye weeks also continue to take their toll on the Week 10 quarterback rankings, with Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stafford, Tua Tagovailoa, and Jalen Hurts all on the bye-week shelf.
Injuries to monitor for Week 10
- It’s hard to believe, but things are getting even uglier for the Giants. Daniel Jones tore his Achilles in Week 9 and is out for the season. Backup Tyrod Taylor landed on the IR last Saturday with a rib injury that could sideline him for the rest of the year. Tommy DeVito will start for the G-Men moving forward, with Matt Barkley as his backup.
- Kyler Murray is expected to make his 2023 season debut in Week 10 after tearing his ACL last season, barring a setback.
- Justin Fields has missed the last three weeks with a sprained thumb and is considered day-to-day. He’ll likely be a game-time decision. If Fields can’t suit up, Tyson Bagent will continue to play under center for Chicago.
Bye Weeks: KC, LAR, MIA, PHI
- Heading into Detroit’s Week 9 bye, Jared Goff was coming off a couple of down weeks, throwing for a combined one touchdown to two interceptions. However, extra rest and a favorable Week 10 matchup against the Chargers should provide a nice bounce-back opportunity for Goff. Los Angeles has given up the third-most fantasy points per game and the second-most passing yards to quarterbacks this season. Goff has no problem slinging the ball and should be able to take advantage — his 2,174 passing yards this year rank eighth among quarterbacks. This should be a high-scoring game, and I expect Goff to have a big day through the air. He’s my QB5 in Week 10.
- Joshua Dobbs was the unexpected hero for the Vikings in Week 9. After being traded to Minnesota earlier in the week, he came off the bench and delivered a QB4 performance. Dobbs completed 20-of-30 passes for 158 yards and two scores. He also tacked on 66 yards and a touchdown on the ground in the Vikings’ comeback victory. Dobbs has another opportunity to shine this week against New Orleans. While the Saints have been a stout defense through the air, they’ve been vulnerable on the ground, giving up the third-most rushing yards to quarterbacks. Dobbs should be able to exploit — he’s racked up 324 rushing yards this season, second only to Lamar Jackson at the position. He’s also scored a rushing touchdown in each of his last three games. Sign me up! Dobbs is a sneaky back-end QB1 for me this week.
- Taylor Heinicke was solid last week after stepping in as the Falcons’ new signal-caller. He completed 21-of-38 passes for 268 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. He also added 20 yards on the ground. His performance wasn’t flashy, but it was good for a QB14 finish. Heinicke should be able to build off that in Week 10. He has a favorable matchup against a Cardinals defense that has struggled to contain quarterbacks through the air and has allowed the fifth-most fantasy points to the position. Heinicke is a solid streaming option with upside in Week 10.
- Geno Smith is coming off his worst performance of the season, completing a lowly 46.4% of his passes for 157 scoreless yards. He also threw a pick — his sixth in the last four games. While Smith has a nice rebound opportunity against the Commanders this week, I can’t get behind it. Smith has been a bottom-of-the-barrel quarterback this season, averaging 12.2 fantasy points per game and ranking as the QB24 on the year. Yuck. He should play better than last week, but I’m not buying into a strong Week 10 despite the plus matchup. Smith is a fade for me this week.
Week 10 Quarterback Rankings