Outfield OBP Prospect Rankings for Fantasy Baseball
Outfield and shortstop are the two positions that come to mind when I think about depth and talent for Fantasy Baseball. The future of the outfield position is also in great hands, with a ton of talented prospects on the way. Several outfield prospects have the upside to be top 25 dynasty assets, not just prospect-wise. Who are those players? Let’s dive in on my outfield OBP prospect rankings.
What?! Your league is not planning on using Fantrax? Inconceivable! Check out everything Fantrax has to offer and I’m sure you’ll come around to our way of thinking.
Outfield OBP Prospect Rankings
|70||Jeremy De La Rosa||WSH||19||2024|
2021 Outfield Impacts
- Jarred Kelenic is the clear potential impact bat among outfield prospects. He may not break camp with the team, but he should debut toward the end of April/early May and make a huge impact at the Major League level. In 2019 between three levels, Kelenic slashed .291/.364/.540 with 23 home runs and 20 stolen bases. He did that in just 117 games. Kelenic has a high enough floor where I expect him to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact. 20/20 is a real possibility for Kelenic this season.
- Alex Kirilloff is set to be the Twins’ everyday left fielder in 2021 and is another prospect who can make an immediate impact. Kirilloff brings a plus hit tool and plus power to the table. He was big-league-ready last season and made his debut in the postseason. He was the first player in history to record his first MLB hit in the postseason. If Kirilloff can make proper adjustments against left-handed pitching, do not be surprised.
- Dylan Carlson debuted last season with the Cardinals, logging 119 plate appearances. His overall slash line of .200/.252/.364 was lackluster, but Carlson took a step forward after returning from a short stint at the alternate training site. Carlson has a higher floor and the potential to be the Cardinals’ best outfielder this season. I would temper the power expectations a little after his strong 2019 MILB season, but 20 home runs is a strong possibility for Carlson in 2021.
- Randy Arozarena was all the craze in 2020 after a dominant run in September and a postseason to remember that carried the Rays to the World Series. Projection systems are very high on Arozarena, with some projecting as high as 26 home runs and 21 stolen bases. A 20/20 season is highly possible in 2021 for Arozarena.
2021 Outfield Breakout
- Jarren Duran feels like an easy answer here, especially after watching him dominate this spring. Duran has always shown a solid feel to hit and double-plus speed. Last year, videos began to surface of a swing change that Duran made. It seemed to pay off as Duran hit for big power at the alternate training site. It has also traveled into Spring Training, where Duran has done nothing but impress with his bat. Even if Duran develops into just a 15 home run bat, he will be a very nice Fantasy Baseball asset. Expect him to debut in May or June this season and be a breakout prospect.
Friendly reminder that even though Jarren Duran is a power hitter now, his calling card is still elite, elite speed pic.twitter.com/r3L1z9BtXt
— Brendan Tuma (@toomuchtuma) March 15, 2021
2021 Outfield Faller
- Kristian Robinson has the tools to be a high-end Fantasy asset. Huge raw power and plus speed make Robinson an attractive prospect. His hit tool has been inconsistent, which is concerning and the reason I think he will fall down prospect rankings this season. There is a high ceiling, so if Robinson can develop a more consistent hit tool, watch out, his value will trend upward. I do have concerns about the hit tool developing, which is why Robinson finds himself as a faller this year.
Media Credits: Brendan Tuma
For more great rankings, strategy, and analysis check out the 2021 FantraxHQ Fantasy Baseball Draft Kit. We’ll be adding more content from now right up until Opening Day!
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2020 and we’re not stopping now. With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.