Thanks for clicking on the NFL Week 4 Fantasy Football Recap: NFC Edition. We aim to please. Each week yours truly will be handling all the fun (and not so fun) tidbits coming out of the NFC. Week 4 saw the continued education of Cordarrelle Patterson, a crucial injury loss for the Bears and Kyler Murray’s first win against the Rams. Don’t forget to check out my Fantrax podcast The Fantasy Football POV available on your preferred podcast platform of choice with new episodes every Wednesday morning. Now, similar to Dak Prescott’s effort against the Panthers, here’s an efficient yet highly effective fantasy football recap of Week 4 in the NFC.
For the NFL Week 4 Fantasy Recap: AFC Edition, read Bradlee Kilgore’s piece here.
Yeah, we know football is in full swing. That doesn’t mean you can’t jump into fantasy hoops? From joining a public league with our Fantasy Basketball Commissioner to trying one of our Classic Draft Contests, there are plenty of ways to play Fantasy Basketball on Fantrax!
Week 4 NFC Recap
Washington Football Team 34 @ Atlanta Falcons 30
- Cordarrelle Patterson’s already having a career year in 2021 thanks to three TD catches Sunday courtesy of Matt Ryan. I love it!
Cordarrelle Patterson punches it in for another TD 💪
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) October 3, 2021
- Terry McLaurin is still the apple of Taylor Heinicke’s eye as he hauled in 6 grabs for 123 yards and 2TDs. That’s 34 targets in the last 3 games.
- Kyle Pitts was targeted 9 times closing the day with 4 receptions for 50 yards. Patterson is sapping the ADP of Pitts to this point.
Detroit Lions 14 @ Chicago Bears 24
- The terrifying news out of this game is the knee injury to David Montgomery. As of now, it’s unclear if he just hyperextended it or not. An MRI will display more. The Bears lead RB had 2 TDs to pair with 106 yards on the ground.
- The Lions were inside the Bear’s 10-yard-line on each of their first three drives and came away with zilch. Way too many fantasy points left on the field.
- Lions WR Kalif Raymond snagged 3 balls, 2 of which were touchdowns. He was targeted 6 times after 10 targets in Week 3.
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) October 3, 2021
Kansas City Chiefs 42 @ Philadelphia Eagles 30
- Jalen Hurts tried to keep up with the Chiefs tallying over 400 total yards with 2 passing TDs to his credit. One was in total garbage time.
- Miles Sanders was ineffective in a juicy match-up, but Kenneth Gainwell took advantage with 6 catches for 58 yards plus a rushing TD.
Kenneth Gainwell ✂️ to 5️⃣-point difference in Philly 😤
Eagles and Chiefs now 28-23.
— SportzStew Ⓥ (@sportzstewcom) October 3, 2021
- Devonta Smith’s draft status has been verified hauling in 7 catches for 122 yards in the air. He will only get better from here.
New York Giants 27 @ New Orleans Saints 21
- There is no doubt that Jameis Winston is not the guy for Sean Payton. Taysom Hill ran for 2 rushing scores while the two rotated plays on nearly every possession in a deflating meltdown home loss for the Saints.
- Saquon Barkley was so-so against the elite Saints run front with 1 TD on the ground. His big play though was a 54-yard receiving TD.
— NFL (@NFL) October 3, 2021
- Sterling Shepard and Darius Slayton were not missed as Daniel Jones threw for 402 yards thanks to Kenny Golladay and Kadarius Toney.
Carolina Panthers 28 @ Dallas Cowboys 36
- Dak Prescott is in the zone! He passed for 4 TDs spreading the love around to Amari Cooper, Blake Jarwin, Cedrick Wilson, and Dalton Schultz.
- Sam Darnold is the first QB ever with 5 rushing TDs in his first four games. He threw for 2 more scores to D.J. Moore, who was outstanding once again.
Sam Darnold with his LEAGUE-LEADING 5th rush TD of the season ‼️
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 3, 2021
- The Dallas RB situation is much more lucid now than it was in Week 1. Ezekiel Elliott rumbled for 143 and a TD on 20 carries. Tony Pollard is the second fiddle and it’s not really close anymore.
Cleveland Browns 14 @ Minnesota Vikings 7
- Dalvin Cook’s ankle allowed him to play. It was clear though that his ankle was a problem as he limped off and hardly played until 3 late carries. His backup Alexander Mattison was also ineffective with 10 carries for 20 rushing yards.
- This was a horrendous game from a fantasy perspective. Baker Mayfield missed wide open players creating frustration for Odell Beckham Jr.
- The only fantasy area of note was Cleveland’s powerful rushing game as Nick Chubb ran for 100 yards while Kareem Hunt vultured a TD.
Arizona Cardinals 37 @ Los Angeles Rams 20
- Kyler Murray was rock solid in his first win over the Rams. He had this absurd third-down conversion on third and long. Can you say MVP?
— Tingz n Wingz (@TingznWingz) October 3, 2021
- Van Jefferson led the Rams with 6 catches for 90 yards and a TD catch. Robert Woods snagged a TD with a modest 48 yards in the air.
- The Cardinals rushing attack sealed this game for them with James Conner scoring twice and Chase Edmonds adding 120 yards rushing.
Pittsburgh Steelers 17 @ Green Bay Packers 27
- Aaron Jones and A.J. Dillon each had 15 carries with Dillon outrushing Jones (garbage time) 81 to 48.
- A new man emerged in the air game with Randall Cobb hauling in 2 TD grabs while Davante Adams was finally limited to 6 receptions for 64 yards.
— KY Clips (@KY__Clips) October 3, 2021
- The tight end Robert Tonyan was targeted 7 times, but he only caught 2 balls for 8 yards. He’s been very TD-dependent so far.
Seattle Seahawks 28 @ San Francisco 49ers 21
- Russell Wilson has still never lost 3 games in a row! He hit D.K. Metcalf and Freddie Swain for TDs to help him preserve the streak.
- Jimmy Garoppolo left with a calf injury that will sideline him for a bit. Trey Lance took over and inspired the team with a 76-yard TD pass to Deebo Samuel. Samuel had his third career 100-yard receiving game against Seattle. He was outstanding with 2 TD grabs total.
Trey Lance to Deebo Samuel for a 76-yard touchdown! pic.twitter.com/Xx7AcnWikM
— Coach Yac 🗣 (@Coach_Yac) October 3, 2021
- Seattle RB Alex Collins tallied 74 total yards and picked up a rushing TD. He also had more targets than incumbent Chris Carson. Take note.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 19 @ New England Patriots 17
- The game of games was a tight, low-scoring affair as Tom Brady was zoned to death with minimal production scoring-wise.
- Playoff Leonard Fournette did it all for the Bucs with 91 yards rushing plus 47 yards receiving. He is the clear RB #1 in Tampa Bay.
- Mike Evans and Antonio Brown were the receiving factors in this contest without any TDs. PPR wise they both flourished with 7 grabs each.
Thanks for reading! Follow me @mjgovier on Twitter for further fantasy football advice any time you want it.
Check back later in the week for more fantasy football fun for Week 5: Waiver Wire | FAAB Guide | Buy-Low, Sell-High Trade Targets | Start & Sit | Loves & Hates | Stock Watch | Sleepers & Streamers | QB Streamers | D/ST Streamers |
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2020, and we’re not stopping now. With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.