In this week’s WWWR, we have two starting pitcher debuts to drool over, a bat or two worthy of a bench spot, and then a bunch of players whom you should only roster if absolutely necessary. At this point in the year, it is increasingly more difficult to find impactful adds. Thank goodness for late-season debuts!
More great fantasy baseball advice and analysis: Waiver Wire & FAAB Recommendations | Daily MLB Injury Report | MLB DFS Picks | Line-up Analysis | Dynasty Rankings and Strategy | MLB Bullpen Updates | MLB Player Props | Prospect Rankings & Analysis | Fantasy Baseball Risers and Fallers
Mid-Week Waiver Wire Watch
These players shouldn’t be on your waiver wire, if they are, go get ‘em!
- Jordan Wicks, SP – Cubs
These players should be considered for 15+ team leagues.
- Brandon Drury, 1B, 2B, 3B – Angels
- Brian Anderson, 3B, LF, RF – Brewers
- Brandon Belt, 1B – Blue Jays
- Parker Meadows, CF – Tigers
- Kyle Harrison, SP – Giants
- Dane Dunning, SP – Rangers
- Jose Quintana, SP – Mets
- Adrian Houser, SP – Brewers
- Patrick Corbin, SP – Nationals
- AJ Minter, RP – Braves
- Hunter Harvey, RP – Nationals
- Trevor May, RP – Athletics
- JoJo Romero, RP – Cardinals
- Jesse Scholtens, RP – White Sox
Players we’ve previously highlighted that continue to prove us right.
- Elly De La Cruz, SS, 3B – Reds
- Matt McLain, 2B, SS – Reds
- C.J. Abrams, 2B, SS – Nationals
- Jeimer Candelario, 1B, 3B – Cubs
- Spencer Steer, 1B, 3B – Reds
- Lane Thomas, LF, CF, RF – Nationals
- Jorge Soler, LF, RF – Marlins
- Brent Rooker, LF – Athletics
- Esteury Ruiz, CF – Athletics
- Josh Lowe, LF, CF, RF – Rays
- Josiah Gray, SP – Nationals
- Adbert Alzolay, RP – Cubs
This weekly report is designed to provide insight into players who may be available on your waiver wire in a 10- to 12-team fantasy baseball leagues. Each week, we will provide a list of “Must-Adds” (ahem, who shouldn’t be on the waiver wire) as well as some “Deeper-Dives” who should be considered to fill a specific need or to plug an open roster spot. Anyone mentioned on the “Deeper-Dives” list should be considered a must-add for deeper leagues (15-30 team leagues) or could be considered a possible player to target in trade. Double-Downs are players whom have previously been mentioned that should be considered in all formats. It should be noted we will never repeat a player from previous reports as a “Must-Add” or “Deeper-Dive”. Generally speaking, players on this list will have a consensus ownership of 25% or less.