Welcome to Week 5 of the Fantasy basketball season. After the unique week four schedule that gave us Tuesday off, week 5 offers another unique slate. The only ‘full’ days are Wednesday/Friday. Additionally, we have the first team to play 5 games in a week, and four teams that only play two.
Given this schedule and with injuries starting to pile up across the league, streaming this week will be quite valuable. There are two teams that offer great streaming options for the week. After you identify your streamers, use the four weeks of data to make your case to identify trades that could boost your overall team build. Let’s get into the details, beginning with trade targets for this week.
- Karl-Anthony Towns
- John Collins
- J. McCollum
- Scottie Barnes
- Brook Lopez
- Spencer Dinwiddie
- Jerami Grant
- Mike Conley
While you work the trade market, don’t forget to optimize your lineups for this week. Here is the schedule and streaming options for week 3:
Fantasy Basketball Schedule Preview
- Monday (11/14): 7 games
- Tuesday (11/15): 5 games
- Wednesday (11/16): 10 games
- Thursday (11/17): 3 games
- Friday (11/18): 11 games
- Saturday (11/19): 5 games
- Sunday (11/20): 8 games
Teams with 5 games this week:
Teams with 4 games this week:
GSW, ORL, DAL, LAC, DET, CHA, PHO, HOU, NYK, MIA
Teams with 3 games this week:
IND, SAC, UTA, TOR, WAS, BKN, BOS, POR, MEM, OKC, NOR, CLE, ATL, DEN, MIL
Teams with 2 games this week:
LAL, CHI, PHI, MIN
Fantasy Streamers – Optimize your Streaming:
When we talk about streaming, think of designating your final roster spot that rotates each week to tease categories based on your match-up. Adding just a few games can make a big difference if done properly. While fringe streamers can help you, they can also hurt you if you are not careful.
The following teams offer the best schedules to maximize your games played. Depending on your league the players available will vary, but the players below should be available in most 12- or 14-team formats.
SAN ANTONIO SPURS (M/T/TH/SAT/SUN)
- Charles Bassey (C: Rebounds, blocks, FG%) Bassey is in a low-minute role for the Spurs but is capable of putting up rebounds and blocks. With a 5 game schedule, look to add Bassey for your big-man stats.
- Jeremy Sochan (PF: all-around contributor) Sochan offers moderate value across the board in a 28-minute role. Sochan makes a great stream with 5 games, especially given their schedule.
- Josh Richardson (SG/SF): Inconsistent but has a role and 5 games next week.
- Doug McDermott (SF: threes): Not a lot to see here but is a threes streamer in a 5 game week.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS (M/T/TH/SAT)
- Reggie Jackson (PG/SG: threes, points, assists): While inconsistent, Jackson contributes a moderate number of assists with potential in points. Jackson is a great streaming option this week with 4 games on the low nights. Also, expect John Wall to sit on Monday.
- Norman Powell (SG/SF: points, threes, steals): Powell has been surging as of late (14 pts per game over the last 7) and makes a somewhat reliable streaming option this week if you need points and threes.