As we head into Week 12 of the football season, our fortitude continues to be tested at the quarterback position. Joe Burrow and Deshaun Watson are the latest injury casualties, with both missing the rest of the season. Benchings also affect the Week 12 quarterback rankings, with the Jets officially swapping out Zach Wilson for Tim Boyle. Also, Mac Jones could sit this week in favor of Bailey Zappe.
No teams are on a bye this week, so we get a full slate of games in Week 12. Just keep in mind that four games will be played before Sunday — three on Thanksgiving and one on Friday. With that in mind, let’s get to my Week 12 quarterback rankings.
Injuries to monitor for Week 12
- Derek Carr is still in the league’s concussion protocol following the Saints’ bye week. If Carr can’t clear protocol, Jameis Winston will be under center for New Orleans in Week 12.
- Geno Smith is dealing with an elbow injury and is questionable for Thursday night’s game against the 49ers. It’s a short turnaround for the Seahawks this week, so Drew Lock would get the start if Smith can’t suit up.
- C.J. Stroud is coming off a bit of a down week. While he threw for 336 yards and two scores, he also threw three picks — the first time he’s coughed up multiple interceptions this season. However, Stroud has a nice bounce-back opportunity in Week 12. He faces the division rival Jaguars, who have allowed the seventh-most fantasy points to the position. They’ve also allowed opposing quarterbacks to throw for 300+ yards or total multiple scores in all but two games this season. Stroud should be able to take advantage — he’s thrown for 300+ yards and scored multiple touchdowns in his last three games. Stroud could keep the streak alive in Week 12 and is my QB6.
- Kyler Murray has put up back-to-back QB1 performances since returning from a torn ACL in Week 10. Last week, he completed 20 of 30 pass attempts for 214 yards and a score. He also tacked on 51 yards on the ground to go along with a rushing touchdown. It was his second rushing touchdown in as many weeks. Murray should have another successful ground game in Week 12. He faces a middling Rams team that has allowed the 12th-most rushing yards to opposing quarterbacks. They’ve also given up four rushing touchdowns, tied for league-most. Murray is a top-10 option for me in Week 12.
- Joshua Dobbs has been the QB4 over the last five games, and he should continue to roll in Week 12. He gets a beatable Bears defense that is bottom-five against opposing quarterbacks. Through 11 games, Chicago has allowed the fourth-most passing yards and second-most touchdowns through the air to signal-callers. Dobbs should be able to sling it in this one — and pad his fantasy line with his rushing abilities. He’s averaging just over 35 rushing yards per game and has scored with his legs in five consecutive weeks. Dobbs is a QB1 in my Week 12 quarterback rankings.
- Gardner Minshew could make some noise in Week 12. He has a favorable matchup against a Buccaneers defense that has struggled defending the pass. Tampa Bay has allowed the third-most passing yards and fourth-most fantasy points per game to quarterbacks this season. While Minshew hasn’t been the steadiest signal-caller, he can air it out — in the five games since taking over as the Colts’ starter, Minshew has attempted 173 passes, tied for 11th-most. He’s a mid-tier QB2 with upside in Week 12.
Week 12 Quarterback Rankings