It’s a battle of two heavyweight quarterbacks this week, as Patrick Mahomes and Jalen Hurts face off in a Superbowl rematch on Monday night. Woo-hoo! This is a can’t-miss game and a perfect way to close out the football week. Fittingly, both quarterbacks top my Week 11 quarterback rankings.
Injuries to monitor for Week 11
- Deshaun Watson suffered an ankle injury on Sunday but is expected to start in Week 11, barring a setback. P.J. Walker would likely get the start if Watson can’t suit up. UPDATE: Watson is OUT for the remainder of the season with a fractured right shoulder. Rookie Dorian Thompson-Robinson will start for the Browns in Week 11, with P.J. Walker as the team’s backup.
- Matthew Stafford suffered a thumb sprain in Week 9 but is expected to return this week. Newly-signed Carson Wentz would get the start if Stafford suffers a setback.
Bye Weeks: ATL, IND, NE, NO
- Jared Goff was terrific last week, completing 23 of 33 pass attempts for 333 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions. The good times should keep rolling for Goff this week with a dream matchup against the Bears at home. Chicago has allowed the fourth-most passing yards and fantasy points per game to the position. They’ve also given up 20 touchdowns through the air, the second-most this season. Goff loves slinging the ball and should be able to take advantage — his 2,507 passing yards rank fifth among quarterbacks. Another strong performance should be on tap for Goff in Week 11.
- Sam Howell is coming off a fantastic Week 10. He finished as the week’s QB4, completing 29 of 44 pass attempts for 313 yards, three scores, and no picks. Much of Howell’s fantasy success is due to a pass-happy offense — he leads the league in pass attempts and yards through 10 weeks. Howell should be able to post solid numbers this week. He faces a middling Giants defense that has given up the seventh-most passing yards to signal-callers this season. They also just allowed Dak Prescott to carve them up to the tune of 404 yards and four touchdowns last week. Howell is my QB11 in Week 11.
- I highlighted Joshua Dobbs last week, and I’m going back to the well this week. Dobbs shined in his first start with the Vikings, completing 23 passes for 268 yards and a touchdown. He also tacked on 44 yards and a touchdown on the ground. Dobbs has been the QB4 over the last four weeks, largely due to his ground game — he’s racked up 40+ yards and a rushing touchdown in each game. Dobbs’ dual-threat ability should come in handy in Week 11. He faces a Broncos defense that, while better of late, is vulnerable against the run and has given up the 10th-most fantasy points to quarterbacks. I’m high on Dobbs this week as he rounds out my top 12.
- Despite accuracy issues and low passing volume, Jordan Love has still been a decent fantasy quarterback, ranking as the QB14 on the season. However, he should be able to boost his fantasy line in Week 11 with a dream matchup against the Chargers. Los Angeles has allowed the most passing yards and second-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks. Passing shouldn’t be a problem this week, as Love could be throwing a lot in this one. He’s a mid-tier TE2 with upside in my Week 11 quarterback rankings.
Week 11 Quarterback Rankings