This is it, folks. The final week of the fantasy football season is here. For those of you brave souls who play in leagues that run through Week 18, you likely know that this is one of the most unpredictable weeks on the fantasy football calendar. That’s especially true at the quarterback position where secured playing time goes out the window. Teams that clinched a playoff spot may opt to rest their top players or pull them early from the game. But don’t sweat it. As we dive into the Week 18 quarterback rankings, we’ll highlight all of the quarterback scenarios to stay on top of before setting your championship lineups. Good luck in Week 18!
Week 18 Quarterback Notes
- Daniel Jones, Tom Brady, and Justin Fields are all at risk of either not starting or being taken out early. Have a backup option ready if you relied on any of these quarterbacks to get you to championship week. None of these quarterback situations are set in stone and others could arise over the next couple of days. Therefore, it’s crucial to stay on top of team reports as the week progresses.
- Jared Goff, Geno Smith, and Aaron Rodgers are the least likely to get pulled early this week. They all lead teams who need at least a win in order to have a shot at postseason play. All are top-12 quarterbacks for me in Week 18. The Patriots, Steelers, and Dolphins are also in must-win situations, meaning Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett, and Skylar Thompson should also have secured playing time this week. However, they are only options for Superflex or 2QB leagues.
- Jalen Hurts could return this week. The Eagles were winless with Gardner Minshew under center for the last two weeks. The team now needs a win to lock up the NFC East title and home-field advantage. If he plays, insert Hurts back into fantasy lineups.
- If you’re streaming the position or looking for a replacement with locked-in playing time, consider Jarrett Stidham. He surprised in his first career start, throwing for 365 passing yards and three touchdowns against the Niners in Week 17. Stidham also threw two interceptions but still finished as the QB3 of the week. He gets a much friendlier matchup this week against a Kansas City team giving up the third-most fantasy points to quarterbacks. The Chiefs also surrendered a league-leading 32 touchdowns to the position. Stidham is a QB2 with upside in what could be a high-scoring affair.
- Mike White is coming off his worst game of the season. He completed 23-of-46 passes for 240 passing yards, no touchdowns, and two interceptions. However, he has a nice rebound opportunity this week against Miami. The Dolphins allow the second-most fantasy points and fifth-most passing yards to quarterbacks. White should have no problem slinging the ball in this one. In his four games started, he’s averaging 44 pass attempts and 298 passing yards per game. White is a free agent this season and is likely playing for a starting job in 2023. He’s a lock for playing time this week against a favorable opponent. UPDATE: The Jets ruled White out this week after he suffered a setback in practice. Joe Flacco will get the start in Week 18.
Week 18 Quarterback Rankings