Welcome to the Week 16 tight end rankings. If you stuck with your studs in Week 15, you were likely rewarded, as Travis Kelce (191 yards, 2 TDs) and Mark Andrews (136 yards, 2 TDs) both had monster games. George Kittle didn’t find the end zone, but he still racked up 93 yards on the day. Regulars like Rob Gronkowski and Dawson Knox didn’t pan out last week, but continue to roll with them, as they are reliable options at a shallow position.
Also, I said this last week but it’s worth repeating: Be sure to stay on top of all injury and COVID-related news affecting players. Both Austin Hooper and Tyler Higbee did not play in Week 15, due to testing positive for COVID. Heading into this week, 51 players were put on the COVID-19 list on Monday, including Travis Kelce. Kelce is vaccinated, but be aware that you may need to have a backup plan in mind.
Week 16 Tight End Notes
- Rob Gronkowski had a down game last week, but don’t think twice about it. He has at least eight targets in all but two games this season and could see more opportunities with Chris Godwin out for the season. Fire Gronk up as a top-five option this week.
- Dalton Schultz proved me wrong. Last week, I said he was hard to trust with all Dallas receivers back healthy. But Schultz caught all eight of his targets for 67 yards and a touchdown; he also out-snapped and ran more routes than CeeDee Lamb for the second week in a row. Schultz is my TE6 this week against the Football Team.
- Pat Freiermuth is in the league’s concussion protocol. Be sure to monitor his status, as this is his second concussion in a month. Freiermuth has had a fantastic rookie season, scoring six touchdowns in the last eight games. If he can’t suit up, Zach Gentry will likely have an expanded role.
- Zach Ertz combined for 18 targets and 116 yards in the past two weeks. He could see a bump in targets for the final weeks of the season with DeAndre Hopkins out with a torn MCL. Ertz is a back-end TE1 this week in a favorable matchup against the Colts.
- Jared Cook has at least five targets in four of the last five weeks, to go along with two touchdowns in that span. He has a plus matchup against the Texans, and could surprise this week.
Week 16 Tight End Rankings
What!? Your league isn’t hosted on Fantrax!? Once you see how Fantrax stacks up to the competition, we think you’ll be singing a different tune next season.
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2020, and we’re not stopping now. With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.