Welcome to week 23 of the Fantasy Basketball Season. If you are still here, that means you are most likely competing for the championship. As we come down to the wire, the key is to keep from unraveling as players and even teams (Portland Trail Blazers) are shut down. To keep from unraveling, learn to be comfortable dropping key players like Damian Lillard or Paul George (if your provider will let you cut them, also do not do this in a keeper league).
Otherwise, study the schedule and give yourself an advantage down the stretch. Good luck and let’s get into it!
NBA Schedule Preview
This Week’s Schedule:
- Monday (3/27): 8 games
- Tuesday (3/28): 6 games
- Wednesday (3/29): 10 games
- Thursday (3/3o): 2 games
- Friday (3/31): 13 games
- Saturday (4/1): 2 games
- Sunday (4/2): 13 games
Teams with 4 games this week:
SAC, DET, OKC, PHO, CHI, POR, NOR, HOU, MIN, MEM, DAL, NYK, LAC, MIL, UTA, IND, PHI, DEN
Teams with 3 games this week:
BKN, LAL, SAS, CLE, ORL, GSW, BOS, CHA, TOR, WAS, MIA, ATL
Fantasy Basketball Streamers
The low nights are Thursday and Saturday with only 2 games. Tuesday is also relatively low with 6 games. There are only a few teams that provide streaming value this week. The New Orleans Pelicans are the team to target. They play on each of the 3 low nights and are still in the real-life playoff hunt. Other useful teams will be the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat. The Celtics may be resting players down the stretch, so keep an eye on matchups while the Heat should be playing to win to get out of the NBA play-in game.
The players below are both 12-team and deeper streaming options. As always, check your league settings and be efficient with your streaming selections. Adding a few quality games this week can win you a championship!
NEW ORLEANS PELICANS (MON/TUES/THURS/SAT)
- Trey Murphy (SG/SF) – Murphy is absolutely roasting from beyond the arc. Just check to see if he is on your waiver wire. If so, grab him.
- Herb Jones (SF/PF) – At minimum, Jones is useful for steals with a great schedule this week. Otherwise, he has upside as an across-the-board contributor. He is inconsistent.
- Josh Richardson (SG/SF) – Stuck in a 20-minute role, Richardson still provides value with a great schedule this week. He can score, hit threes, add assists, and steals.
- Naji Marshall (SG/SF) – Marshall can score the ball and provide some assists. Given the schedule, this is certainly of value.
BOSTON CELTICS (TUES/THURS/FRI)
- Derrick White (PG/SG) – White has been playing huge minutes over the last few games. If he is on your waiver wire, he is a great stream on the off-nights this week. His across the board production would be a major bonus for Tues/Thurs low nights.
- Grant Williams (PF) – Williams is an inconsistent streamer but can provide a spark in threes and rebounds, especially in deeper leagues.
MIAMI HEAT (TUES/WED/SAT)
- Kyle Lowry (PG/SG) – Lowry’s production is down across the board and inconsistent, but if you think of him like a threes and assists streamer, his contributions are more palatable. Look for him for Tuesday and Saturday streaming.
- Max Strus (SG) – Strus is getting reliable minutes, and makes for a threes streamer at the least. When he gets it rolling, he can provide value in points, rebounds, and assists.