Welcome to Week 16! The end is near! Fantasy playoffs are creeping up on us which means we need to start fine-tuning our lineups. This isn’t always easy as the NBA cruises towards All-Star Weekend. We get a sense that star players start taking a little extra time to ensure their bodies are 100% healthy before returning to game action. This makes it hard for general managers to make any drastic moves to improve their team. However, there are still ways to manage which include dabbling in streaming throughout the week. Check below for this week’s schedule and a range of options for streaming the week to maximize the number of quality games played.
Fantasy Basketball Schedule Preview
This week’s schedule:
· Monday (01/30): 8 games
· Tuesday (01/31): 5 games
· Wednesday (02/1): 9 games
· Thursday (02/2): 7 games
· Friday (02/3): 8 games
· Saturday (02/4): 9 games
· Sunday (02/5): 6 games
Teams with 4 games this week:
PHI, SAC, WAS, CHA, TOR, POR, DEN, MIN, PHO, GSW, LAL, NOR, ORL, DET, ATL, NYK
Teams with 3 games this week:
OKC, DAL, HOU, CLE, CHI, MIL, LAC, BKN, IND, SAS, MEM, MIA
Teams with 2 games this week:
Top Fantasy Basketball Streamers for the Week
Luckily, there are a few teams with four games this week that also play on the low nights. Week 16 is a great time to add both quantity and quality of games to steal as much production as possible before the playoffs. Depending on your league the players available will vary, but the players below should be available in most 12 or 14-team formats.
CHARLOTTE HORNETS (TUES/THURS/FRI/SUN)
- Jalen McDaniels (PF): While Kelly Oubre sits out, McDaniels has a shot of producing for your fantasy team. While not consistent, McDaniels can put up points, rebounds, with a few assists and steals and is best deployed in deeper leagues.
- Mark Williams (C): Edging his way into the primary back-up center position, Williams can provide the traditional big man stats (points and rebounds) with an outside chance of a larger role in the second half of the season.
DENVER NUGGETS (TUES/THURS/SAT/SUN)
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (SG/SF): Caldwell-Pope is offering value in threes and steals. Typically a deep league streamer, Caldwell-Pope is creeping up to 12 team value and makes a great streamer with this week’s schedule.
- Bruce Brown (SG/SF): The Nuggets are healthy which squeezes Brown’s minutes a bit, but Brown still offers a full state line and a great schedule. Points, threes, rebounds, assists, with defense. If he was dropped, this week makes for a great add.
- Bones Hyland (PG): Hyland is a spark off the bench for the Nuggets, which makes for an inconsistent experience. However, you could do worse adding points, threes, and a few assists in deep leagues.
NEW ORLEANS PELICANS (TUES/THURS/SAT/SUN)
- Larry Nance Jr. (PF/C): Nance Jr. is useful on your roster. Not extremely useful, but useful nonetheless. Nance will provide can provide points and rebounds, and occasionally throw in a big game with assists and defense stats as well.
- Trey Murphy (SG/SF): Murphy was a darling early in the season but now is just a threes and points streamer.
- Naji Marshall (SF): Inconsistent, but when streaming on the low nights, Marshall is sneaky valuable. He can produce in points and add rebounds with light defensive contributions as well. Not spectacular, but you could do worse, especially in deep leagues.
- Jose Alvarado (PG): Not much to see here unless you are in deeper leagues. Alvarado is a sneaky assists, points, and threes contributor. Stream as needed.
NEW YORK KNICKS (TUES/THURS/SAT/SUN)
- Jericho Sims (PF): Mitchell Robinson is out and Sims is getting minutes. Although, there is not much to see here, except rebounds. Stream as needed for big-man stats.