Welcome back to another edition of my top 100 starting pitcher rankings for redraft leagues! This week we have lots of exciting promotions to discuss including two of the game’s top pitching prospects Casey Mize and Tarik Skubal of the Detroit Tigers. I found doing risers and fallers to be a bit limiting so this week I’m doing a notes section to cover more players. Enjoy the list and interact with me about it on Twitter @devjake.
What?! Your league isn’t using Fantrax? Inconceivable! Check out everything Fantrax has to offer and I’m sure you’ll come around to our way of thinking.
Top-100 Starting Pitcher Rankings for Redraft Leagues
Notes on player movement:
- Without a doubt, the most notable players absent from this list are the two Cleveland Indians, Mike Clevinger and Zach Plesac. These two fell from my rankings because I just have no idea when and if they will play again after acting like selfish jerks. Who knows? Adam Plutko benefits from this terrible situation.
- Stephen Strasburg drops due to dealing with carpal tunnel neuritis. It sounds scary and we aren’t sure how long he will be down. Don’t drop him, but if a league mate wants to make a trade, I think you should entertain that.
- Aaron Nola and Dylan Bundy both continue their ascension on this list due to K%-BB% rates above 30%. Both pitchers playing the best baseball of their lives and it doesn’t look flukey.
- Casey Mize and Tarik Skubal both enter this list at a pretty aggressive ranking. I don’t believe the Detroit Tigers brought them up if they aren’t intending on playing these guys regularly. Mize has an extremely advanced repertoire of pitches which he sequences like a veteran while Skubal relies on a plus to double-plus fastball to go along with ever-improving secondaries. These two should be rostered in all leagues.
- Corbin Burnes once again enters the rotation. He tends to be plagued by walks, but his strikeout stuff is too enticing not to add in most formats.
- Have you looked at what Elieser Hernandez has been doing in Miami? Through three starts he has a 1.84 ERA. Not that isn’t a true talent ERA, but he is forcing us to take notice.
- Tony Gonsolin enters this list, likely just for a week, but the stuff here is far too good to pass up. He has a great matchup today against the Mariners. He is likely to go down after this game.
- Charlie Morton and Madison Bumgarner’s ineffectiveness foretold injury issues, with such a short year this hurts each of their values tremendously.
- Framber Valdez and Christian Javier continue to impress in Houston. Now I’m not sure I’d buy what they are doing over a full season, but for a 60 game season, it just might continue to work. If either is available I would make that addition.
- Yonny Chirinos has returned from the IL and looked decent in his first start back. I wouldn’t hesitate in adding him.
- Blake Snell is finally being allowed to throw more pitches!! This is great news for his owners. He just posted his two best game scores of the year vs New York and Boston. More good starts are sure to follow.
- Lance Lynn, man this dude keeps on impressing me. His fastball is currently grading out as the top pitch in all of baseball according to FanGraphs and he uses it nearly 70% of the time. That’ll work. This guy is a true horse too.
- Lots of promotions have happened lately, none more exciting than the Detroit boys, that being said keep an eye out for more to come. MacKenzie Gore and Ian Anderson are two that would not surprise me.
If you have any questions about the list don’t hesitate to hit me up on Twitter @devjake. Thanks for reading!
All players that are injured or on COVID-19 IL are not included in these starting pitcher rankings.
|35||Hyun Jin Ryu||39|
|36||Lance McCullers Jr.||53|
Fell off List: Mike Clevinger, Stephen Strasburg, Zach Plesac, Charlie Morton, Tyler Chatwood, Madison Bumgarner, Tyler Mahle, Jake Junis, Kolby Allard, Luke Weaver, Kris Bubic, Jon Gray, Joe Musgrove
New to List: Yonny Chirinos, Adam Wainwright, Corbin Burnes, Matt Shoemaker, Tarik Skubal, Casey Mize, Cal Quantrill, Alec Mills, Adam Plutko, Danny Duffy, Antonio Senzatela, Tony Gonsolin, Elieser Hernandez
You should also check out Jake’s Top 100 Starting Pitchers for Dynasty Leagues.
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not letting our foot off the pedal now! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.