Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL Draft players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 28 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Team: Manchester United
Form Last 30 Days: 14.25 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: eve (A), MCI (H), tot (A), SHU (H), bha (A)
What’s Changed?: Much is dependent on a clean sheet for Shaw to score big double-digit points, however we cannot deny Shaw any longer. The Manchester United left back has been in sublime form over the last couple of Gameweeks and has helped his side to three impressive clean sheets. With a couple of tough fixtures to come, not all Draft Premier League managers will be rushing to sign up Shaw, but we’re backing him to bring home some good returns; certainly against Sheffield United and Brighton, but probably also Spurs!
Form Last 30 Days: 12.75 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: MUN (H), che (A), LIV (H), nor (A), LEI (H)
What’s Changed?: Its very rare that we feature the same player two weeks in a row, so it gives you a fair indication that Bernard is well worth picking up. Dropped to the bench for Gameweek 27, the Everton winger only played half an hour in the defeat to Arsenal; but his impact for Fantrax managers was pretty big! A score of 9.5 points in only 30 minutes is impressive and shows just how useful Bernard is in Fantrax. There are some pretty challenging fixtures coming up, but Everton fans and Bernard owners will have their eyes firmly set on the Norwich game in March. Of course, it won’t matter who the opponent if Bernard keeps this form up; all aboard!
Form Last 30 Days: 19 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: new (A), TOT (H), mci (A), WAT (H). cry (A)
What’s Changed?: What a couple of weeks this chap has had. Having not played hardly at all this season, Vydra has taken his chance in the side exceptionally well. With both sit and forget forwards Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood injured, Vydra has started the last two games and scored two goals. In fact, Chap 2 called Vydra out in the @FPLKickaround podcast last week as a player worth taking a punt on for the last Gameweek; so it would be unforgivable not to include Vydra in our hot list going into Gameweek 28. Sure it is a roll of the dice, but with some tasty fixtures coming up, and Burnley in a little bit of form it would be a worthwhile move to bring Vydra into your Draft Premier League side as a 3rd or 4th choice striker.
Gameweek 28 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (100%, Liverpool) – Just a ridiculous talent. Top 5 overall player
- Lucas Digne (100%, Everton) – Really in-form and re-established himself as the best Everton defensive prospect. Will hopefully return this weekend.
- Harry Maguire (96%, Manchester United) – Beast in Togga scoring, despite United being poor at the back. AWB has also been performing well
- Willy Boly (88%, Wolves) – The big man is back, and has gained 44.75 points during his three appearances in recent weeks!
- Reece James (68%, Chelsea) – Scores very well whenever he starts!
- Matt Targett (66%, Aston Villa) – Scores consistently well despite a lack of clean sheets
- Hector Bellerin (64%, Arsenal) – Has the potential for attacking returns!
- Shkodran Mustafi (36%, Arsenal) – Scoring very well at the moment, and over his recent injury issue
- Charlie Taylor (22%, Burnley) – The left-back has put in some good performances in recent weeks, despite clean sheets being hard to come by
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Kevin De Bruyne (100%, Manchester City) – Continues to perform at the highest of levels!
- Riyad Mahrez (100%, Manchester City) – Really upped his game in recent weeks
- Jack Grealish (99%, Aston Villa) – Continues to perform to a very high standard
- Lucas Moura (97%, Tottenham) – Scoring really well at the moment
- Youri Tielemans (97%, Leicester) – Double-digit scores in GW25 and 26… is he finally showing the form we wanted?!
- Diogo Jota (88%, Wolves) – Jota has finally turned up this season!
- Ryan Fraser (87%, Bournemouth) – FINALLY showing some good scoring form!
- Harvey Barnes (84%, Leicester) – An inconsistent player, but if he’s starting, you have to gamble on him scoring. Four attacking returns in his last three games
- Ashley Westwood (61%, Burnley) – Three double-digit scores in a row!
- Robert Snodgrass (60%, West Ham) – Putting in some great performances despite West Ham’s inconsistency
- Moussa Djenepo (20%, Southampton) – Is this finally his time to shine?!
- Stuart Armstrong (13%, Southampton) – Playing very well for The Saints, and gets forward surprisingly well. Picked up an injury in the FA Cup, but should only miss the Liverpool game
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Mo Salah (100%, Liverpool) – He’s really turned on the style the last couple of gameweeks!
- Raul Jiminez (100%, Wolves) – Continues to score goals, even against the top clubs
- Richarlison (100%, Everton) – Having a really productive season
- Danny Ings (98%, Southampton) – Back in the goals, and a great upcoming schedule
- Dwight McNeil (92%, Burnley) – The young forward has been playing really well in recent weeks. A huge haul in GW27
- Troy Deeney (91%, Watford) – An old favorite of The Chaps, scoring goals and winning aerials for fun!
- Adama Traore (91%, Wolves) – Found himself on the bench the last couple of games, but still an absolute beast. Hopefully he starts this weekend
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (86%, Everton) – The young striker is thriving under Ancelotti
- Steven Bergwijn (78%, Tottenham) – Started life in the Premier League exceptionally well
- Allan Saint-Maximin (68%, Newcastle) – Everyone’s favorite DPL and Fantrax Forward is back and already ripping it up!
- Olivier Giroud (35%, Chelsea) – Started and scored at the weekend. Worth a punt if he’s a free agent
- Oliver McBurnie (28%, Sheffield United) – Now nailed in the side, and scoring really good ghost points
- Christian Benteke (25%, Crystal Palace) – He scored a goal in Gameweek 26!!!
- Shane Long (23%, Southampton) – Starting games, and scoring pretty well!
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 28 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best 11, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Team: Sheffield United
Form Last 30 Days: 5.08 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NOR (H), new (A), mun (A), TOT (H), bur (A)
What’s Changed?: Is now the time for the early season favorite Lundstram to finally get the drop from your squad? Well, if it weren’t for a goal off the bench in Gameweek 27 then that 5.08 PPG score would be much lower. It’s not that Sheffield’s form is bad, nor are the fixtures anything to be frightened by, its the fact that Lundstram isn’t getting into the side at the moment. With the business end of the season coming up in Draft Premier League, you really need a squad of players that are going to be starters.
Recommendation: With the value of Lundstram pretty low right now, it would be very appealing to drop him. But we’d recommend looking for a trade first; which will be super tough. If you need any ideas, drop us a DM on Twitter!
Team: Norwich City
Form Last 30 Days: 2.67 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: LEI (H), shu (A), SOU (H), EVE (H), ars (A)
What’s Changed?: An absolute colossal performer in Fantrax this season, Buendia is a Draft Premier League favorite. He is also Norwich City’s best player, and their best chance of staying in the Premier League will come from Buendia being on the pitch. Having picked up a knock a couple of weeks ago, Buendia has been limited to three back-to-back appearances from the bench, and manager Daniel Farke’s comments last week intimating that Buendia is out of the side having not scored a goal has got Canary fans feeling a little perplexed. After all, Buendia has created the second most chances in the Premier League this season, second only to…you guessed it; De Bruyne.
Recommendation: We highly recommend you hold! With Norwich desperately needing wins, they will need their best players on the park, so Buendia will be back in the side for Gameweek 28.
Form Last 30 Days: 3 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: bou (A), EVE (H), avl (A), MCI (H), whu (A)
What’s Changed?: Willian has failed to pick up a double-digit score in the last four Gameweeks and has also been subjected to some rotation. With two appearances from the bench in the last four games, Fantrax managers will be worried heading into the Playoff season with a Forward-1 such as Willian being subjected to so much rotation. There will be concerns mounting for Willian owners over the form showed by Chelsea in their comfortable dispatch of Spurs in Gameweek 27; a game that Willian was benched for and hardly impacted when coming on.
Recommendation: This is a really tricky one, but we’d recommend sticking with the Chelsea man for another two Gameweeks. If an attacking return comes in the next two games, a potential half-decent trade could be on the cards!
Gameweek 28 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Kyle Walker (82%, Manchester City) – Scoring poorly and being rotated with Cancelo
- Toby Alderweireld (75%, Spurs) – The Belgian defender is not a good points scorer on Togga
- Nathan Ake (61%, Bournemouth) – Never scores well in Togga Scoring, not sure why his ownership is so high!
- Victor Lindelof (45%, Manchester United) – Never scores well in Togga Scoring
- Kurt Zouma (38%, Chelsea) – Recently dropped from the side with Rudiger and Christiansen being preferred in central defense
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Rodrigo (88%, Manchester City) – The points have dried up
- Pascal Gross (87%, Brighton) – Doesn’t look to be in the best eleven, although Potter rotates a lot!
- Daniel James (87%, Manchester United) – He’s starting every game, but scoring poorly
- Luka Milivojevic (87%, Crystal Palace) – Mr. Penalty has struggled for goals, assists and ghost points
- John Fleck (81%, Sheffield United) – The old favorite has been scoring really poorly recently
- Manuel Lanzini (69%, West Ham) – Not hitting the heights he’s expected to, and now looks set to ride the bench
- Miguel Almiron (66%, Newcastle) – Not scoring that well at the moment
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Raheem Sterling (100%, Manchester City) – Not hitting the heights he should be, and City sometimes look better without him in the side!
- Jamie Vardy (100%, Leicester) – The goals have dried up. A good fixture schedule coming up though
- Ayoze Perez (95%, Leicester) – Never been a fan. Not sure how he starts every game
- Sebastian Haller (93%, West Ham) – Not starting at the moment. Looks like Moyes doesn’t trust him
- Joelinton (60%, Newcastle) – The forward continues to struggle for goals and Fantrax points
- Ashley Barnes (52%, Burnley) – The goals have dried up for Barnes, and now he’s going to be missing for a few weeks with injury
- Takumi Minamino (28%, Liverpool) – We didn’t rate his prospects very high in our January Transfer Analysis, and he is struggling for minutes as we suggested
Navigating Blank Gameweek 28 is essential for all Fantasy EPL managers! With two games postponed, you need to make a plan!!
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not letting our foot off the pedal now! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.