Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL Draft players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 27 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Form Last 30 Days: 12.08 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: EVE (H), WHU (H), bha (A), sou (A), NOR (H)
What’s Changed?: It’s been a season of frustration for Bellerin having only played in six matches this season having only just recovered from injury. But the Arsenal right back is making up for lost time, in the last three Gameweek’s, Bellerin has registered double-digit scores, totaling 37.5 points. Let’s not forget that Bellerin also picked up a goal against Chelsea, a key fundamental of Bellerin’s play is his ability to get forward and create attacking returns; which will certainly offset the high probability that Arsenal will concede goals. That being said, Bellerin has now picked up back to back cleanies, fair enough they came against Burnley and Newcastle who, (no offense Burnley and Newcastle fans) aren’t renowned for their prolific goal scoring. Bellerin is a DEF1 on his day, so go pick him up.
Form Last 30 Days: 16.75 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: ars (A), MUN (H), che (A), LIV (H), nor (A)
What’s Changed?: The Everton winger has been the subject of @FPLKickaround podcast host @JWillDraft for a while and under Ancelotti, Bernard appears to be getting more game time with Draft EPL managers starting to see the benefits of picking him up. With a goal and an assist in his last two outings, you’d be forgiven in making the assumption that Bernard will be the type of player that rely’s on attacking returns for points. On the contrary, Bernard scores well without attacking returns; just flicking over the statistics, you will notice that Bernard tallied up 30.5 points over three Gameweek’s across Christmas and New Years with the attacking return column bare!
A slight word of caution, however; we’ve seen a significant drop in Bernard ownership over the last couple of weeks, which is likely to be due to the injury concerns surrounding him. All eyes will be on @BenDinnery for the midfielders injury update, but regardless of the knock Bernard sustained; he’s still in great form and is worth picking up if available.
Form Last 30 Days: 13.75 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: cry (A), BUR (H), sou (A), SHU (H), AVL (H)
What’s Changed?: Another player back from injury and hitting the ground running, the impressive Saint-Maximin is back chaps, and he is in and among the points with two double-digit scores in his first two games back! What makes this all the more remarkable is that Saint-Maximin scored 14.5 points in a 4-0 defeat, unbelievable scenes! That ability to pick up big Gameweek points without seemingly doing anything of any note is sensational stuff and exactly why you should be bringing Saint-Maximin into your squad. Saint-Maximin is outstanding for picking up points without needing to be among the attacking returns. Saint-Maximin has only scored one goal and registered one assist in 15 appearances, yet he averages 10.03 PPG. All aboard!
Gameweek 27 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (100%, Liverpool) – Just a ridiculous talent. Top 5 overall player
- Lucas Digne (100%, Everton) – Really in-form and re-established himself as the best Everton defensive prospect
- Harry Maguire (96%, Manchester United) – Beast in Togga scoring, despite United being poor at the back. AWB has also been performing well
- Willy Boly (88%, Wolves) – The big man is back, and has gained over 30 points during his two appearances in recent weeks!
- Reece James (68%, Chelsea) – Scores very well whenever he starts!
- Matt Targett (66%, Aston Villa) – Scores consistently well despite a lack of clean sheets
- Shkodran Mustafi (36%, Arsenal) – Scoring very well at the moment, and over his recent injury issue
- Charlie Taylor (22%, Burnley) – The left-back has put in some good performances in recent weeks, despite clean sheets being hard to come by
- Adam Masina (20%, Watford) – Very under the radar, but scoring very well!
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Kevin De Bruyne (100%, Manchester City) – Continues to perform at the highest of levels!
- Riyad Mahrez (100%, Manchester City) – Really upped his game in recent weeks
- Jack Grealish (99%, Aston Villa) – Continues to perform to a very high standard
- Lucas Moura (97%, Tottenham) – Scoring really well at the moment
- Youri Tielemans (97%, Leicester) – Two double-digit scores in a row… is he finally showing the form we wanted?!
- Ryan Fraser (87%, Bournemouth) – FINALLY showing some good scoring form!
- Harvey Barnes (84%, Leicester) – An inconsistent player, but if he’s starting, you have to gamble on him scoring. Four attacking returns in his last three games
- Jordan Henderson (88%, Liverpool) – Hendo has really upped his game in recent weeks!
- Stuart Armstrong (13%, Southampton) – Playing very well for The Saints, and gets forward surprisingly well. Picked up an injury in the FA Cup, but should only miss the Liverpool game
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Mo Salah (100%, Liverpool) – He’s really turned on the style the last couple of gameweeks!
- Son Heung-Min (100%, Tottenham) – Scoring really well at the moment, two goals against Villa
- Roberto Firmino (100%, Liverpool) – Had a very productive last few games!
- Raul Jiminez (100%, Wolves) – Continues to score goals, even against the top clubs
- Danny Ings (98%, Southampton) – Back in the goals, and a great upcoming schedule
- Gerard Deulofeu (98%, Watford) – Scoring consistently well at the moment
- Sebastian Haller (97%, West Ham) – Winning lots of aerials, and contributing the odd attacking return
- Troy Deeney (91%, Watford) – An old favorite of The Chaps, scoring goals and winning aerials for fun!
- Adama Traore (90%, Wolves) – Now the top-scoring FWD this season. Just incredibly consistent scoring!!
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (86%, Everton) – The young striker is thriving under Ancelotti
- Steven Bergwijn (78%, Tottenham) – Started life in the Premier League exceptionally well
- Ismaila Sarr (61%, Watford) – We’ve featured Sarr a lot recently, hopefully, he’s back to full fitness for Gameweek 27
- Allan Saint-Maximin (52%, Newcastle) – Back in the side, and back in the points
- Christian Benteke (25%, Crystal Palace) – He scored a goal!!!
- Shane Long (23%, Southampton) – Starting games, and scoring pretty well!
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 27 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best 11, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Form Last 30 Days: 3.33 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: che (A), WOL (H), bur (A), MUN (H), WHU (H)
What’s Changed?: We’ve been here before, yet again Alderweireld makes it into our cold list. Fair enough, two clean sheets in four Gameweeks is a good return, so why are we picking on Alderweireld? Well, first of all, we are still not massively confident about this Spurs defense; two clean sheets recently, fine, but its actually two clean sheets in the last 10 fixtures. Not so fine. Secondly, even when Spurs kept a clean sheet against Manchester City, impressive as it was, Alderweireld only registered seven points! The fixtures look tough and we expect Spurs to concede.
Recommendation: We recommend dropping Alderweireld for a defender such as Burn (33% ownership), Rico (66%), or even Taylor (25%). All of these average around seven points per Gameweek and are likely to be available. Whilst they are not as trendy as Alderweireld, they are scoring way more points!
Team: Crystal Palace
Form Last 30 Days: 4.75 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NEW (H), bha (A), WAT (H), bou (A), liv (A)
What’s Changed?: A once-great of the Draft EPL game is out of luck, form, and points. But Milivojevic isn’t out of Draft EPL squads; 87% ownership seems a bit high! We’re probably getting a slight skew in the data as inactive leagues are likely to be feeding into the ownership statistics, but still, come on chaps! Milivojevic is normally reliable for around five goals (all penalties) and a similar total for assists in a season, but we’re nearing the end of the season and he has registered only two goals and one assist. It’s not just the lack of attacking returns, Milivojevic is struggling with ghost points as well, meaning that the outlook is rather bleak.
Recommendation: Despite the fact Milivojevic is a Draft EPL legend, we’d recommend dropping him for someone like Fred (56%) who is in much better form!
Team: Manchester City
Form Last 30 Days: 2.25 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: WHU (H), lei (A), mun (A), BUR (H), che (A)
What’s Changed?: We all knew Sterling’s form was poor, but an average points per Gameweek score of 2.25 over the last 30 days is much worse than you probably expected. Without a doubt, Sterling owners will be consumed by the question, “do I drop him?” Out with the other half for a lovely Sunday meal, but consumed with “do I drop him?” Sat at work concentrating on the matter at hand, and then what pops into your head “do I drop him?” Poor form is one thing, but the situation is only made more complicated by the fact City will desperately need one of their prized assets fit for Champions League football. This will surely impact on Premier League game time for Sterling who is carrying a knock!
Recommendation: This is a really tricky one, but we think you should be exploring opportunities for trades. Be sensible, you don’t need to trade away Sterling for Armstrong, no matter how good the Southampton midfielders form is. But also be realistic, Buendia and Grealish owners are very unlikely to be tempted by Sterling. The good news is that we are only a Twitter DM away from advice, so if any Sterling owners have trades lined up but are unsure; hit us up for impartial advice!
Gameweek 27 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Kyle Walker (82%, Manchester City) – Scoring poorly and being rotated with Cancelo
- Victor Lindelof (45%, Manchester United) – Never scores well in Togga Scoring
- Nathan Ake (61%, Bournemouth) – Never scores well in Togga Scoring, not sure why his ownership is so high!
- Kurt Zouma (38%, Chelsea) – Recently dropped from the side with Rudiger and Christiansen being preferred in central defense
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Bernardo Silva (100%, Manchester City) – Only started once in the last four games. Very concerning
- Rodrigo (88%, Manchester City) – The points have dried up
- Pascal Gross (87%, Brighton) – Doesn’t look to be in the best eleven, although Potter rotates a lot!
- Daniel James (87%, Manchester United) – He’s starting every game, but scoring poorly
- John Fleck (81%, Sheffield United) – The old favorite has been scoring really poorly recently
- Manuel Lanzini (69%, West Ham) – Not hitting the heights he’s expected to, and now looks set to ride the bench
- Miguel Almiron (66%, Newcastle) – Not scoring that well at the moment
- Erik Lamela (49%, Tottenham) – Never been on board with him, too much competition at Spurs
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Raheem Sterling (100%, Manchester City) – Not hitting the heights he should be, and City sometimes look better without him in the side!
- Jamie Vardy (100%, Leicester) – The goals have dried up. A good fixture schedule coming up though
- Joelinton (60%, Newcastle) – The forward continues to struggle for goals and Fantrax points
- Ashley Barnes (52%, Burnley) – The goals have dried up for Barnes, and now he’s going to be missing for a few weeks with injury
- Neal Maupay (50%, Brighton) – Murray has taken his place in the side
- Takumi Minamino (28%, Liverpool) – We didn’t rate his prospects very high in our January Transfer Analysis, and he is struggling for minutes as we suggested
Navigating Blank Gameweek 28 is essential for all Fantasy EPL managers! With two games postponed, you need to make a plan!!
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not letting our foot off the pedal now! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.