Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL Draft players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 25 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Form Last 30 Days: 12.06 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: EVE (H), bha (A), mun (A), LIV (H), cry (A)
What’s Changed?: You’ve read all about him in @draftgenie’s Waiver Wire and Trade Targets article already this week, but Masina is so hot right now that we had to highlight him again for y’all. With double-digit scores in his last three appearances, Masina is ranked 8th best defender for points scored over the last 30 days, which has also coincided with the upturn in Watford’s results. Whilst there is a risk associated with Masina (he could lose his spot to Femina) we doubt that manager Pearson will want to change a lineup that on the whole has worked well. Providing Masina holds his place in the side, we think he will remain a permanent fixture in the hotlist, as his ability to pick up ghost points is incredible!
Form Last 30 Days: 14.5 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: whu (A), SOU (H), nor (A), WHU (H), wat (A)
What’s Changed?: Not typically a ‘great’ scorer for Fantrax managers, but Henderson is on fire right now. If you are in need of a midfielder-4 or midfielder-5 then Henderson is your man, just look at those next five fixtures! Ride the wave of his good form and then ditch him as soon as you’ve maximized his scoring potential – that is the game right!? With a goal and an assist in his last game against Wolves, we wouldn’t back Henderson for another attacking return for a while; but this doesn’t matter! Henderson has been scoring well (13, 9, and 12) in the previous three Gameweeks without attacking returns. This is most certainly a short term hot streak, but the Liverpool midfielder deserves his spot among the Fantrax elite!
Form Last 30 Days: 14.12 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: ARS (H), sou (A), BOU (H), new (A), TOT (H)
What’s Changed?: For those of you who tune into the @FPLkickaround podcast, you’ll be familiar with how much Chap 2 wants to avoid Burnley players; so Wood will come as quite a surprise. Wood has always been one of those ‘go-to’ players for EPL draft managers, yet he appears to be going under the radar this season; rarely getting any heat? Wood started the season off slowly, failing to score until Gameweek 6. Perhaps this slow start has given the perception that Wood is having a poor season? As we arrive at Gameweek 25 Wood has 10 goals; his previous season-best is 10. Furthermore, his recent form has been nothing short of exceptional, with three goals and an assist in the last four Gameweeks. Wood is a serious asset right now; despite being a Burnley-boi!
Gameweek 25 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (100%, Liverpool) – Just a ridiculous talent. Top 5 overall player
- Cesar Azpilicueta (100%, Chelsea) – On great scoring form. Making a play for a top level defender
- Lucas Digne (100%, Everton) – Really in-form and re-established himself as the best Everton defensive prospect
- Harry Maguire (96%, Manchester United) – Beast in Togga scoring, despite United being poor at the back
- Serge Aurier (94%, Tottenham) – Scoring incredibly well at the moment, despite a lack of clean sheets
- Reece James (68%, Chelsea) – Scores very well whenever he starts!
- Willy Boly (60%, Wolves) – Back from injury, and a Togga scoring monster. Sign him if you can!
- Matt Targett (58%, Aston Villa) – Scores consistently well despite a lack of clean sheets
- Charlie Taylor (21%, Burnley) – The left-back has put in some good performances in recent weeks, despite clean sheets being hard to come by
- Mason Holgate (16%, Everton) – Established in the Everton side, and scoring well
- Adam Masina (10%, Watford) – Very under the radar, but scoring very well!
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Kevin De Bruyne (100%, Manchester City) – Continues to perform at the highest of levels!
- Riyad Mahrez (100%, Manchester City) – Really upped his game in recent weeks
- Jack Grealish (99%, Aston Villa) – Continues to perform to a very high standard
- Emi Buendia (95%, Norwich) – On amazing form at the moment. A top, top player
- Abdoulaye Doucoure (93%, Watford) – Playing as the number 10 under Pearson, and now has potential for attacking returns
- Nathan Redmond (90%, Southampton) – Getting back to the Togga Scoring player we know and love
- Harvey Barnes (77%, Leicester) – An inconsistent player, but if he’s starting, you have to gamble on him scoring. Three attacking returns in his last two games
- Fred (53%, Manchester United) – Consistent scoring midfielder, and taking set-pieces
- Gabriel Martinelli (53%, Arsenal) – If he’s starting, he’s scoring! Hopefully, he’ll keep his place when Aubameyang returns
- Bernard (48%, Everton) – Everton’s most creative player, and has three double digit scores in his last four games!
- Aaron Mooy (36%, Brighton) – On sensational form for Brighton. Mooy is their best player, and he’s guaranteed minutes
- Ondrej Duda (31%, Norwich) – Two games and two double-figure hauls. Looks to be a Togga Scoring gem
- Stuart Armstrong (13%, Southampton) – Playing very well for The Saints, and gets forward surprisingly well. Picked up an injury in the FA Cup, but should only miss the Liverpool game
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Roberto Firmino (100%, Liverpool) – Had a very productive last few games, and is the form Liverpool forward!
- Raul Jiminez (100%, Wolves) – Continues to score goals, even against the top clubs
- Willian (99%, Chelsea) – Really upped his game in recent weeks, adding attacking returns to his already decent scores!
- Danny Ings (98%, Southampton) – Not scored for a couple of games, but has a great fixture schedule after GW25
- Gerard Deulofeu (98%, Watford) – Scoring consistently well at the moment
- Sebastian Haller (97%, West Ham) – Winning lots of aerials, and contributing the odd attacking return
- Troy Deeney (91%, Watford) – An old favorite of The Chaps, scoring goals and winning aerials for fun!
- Adama Traore (90%, Wolves) – Now the top-scoring FWD this season. Just incredibly consistent scoring!!
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (86%, Everton) – The young striker is thriving under Ancelotti
- Ismaila Sarr (61%, Watford) – We’ve featured Sarr a lot recently, as he’s finally settled into life in the EPL
- Allan Saint-Maximin (52%, Newcastle) – Back in the side, and back in the points. Hopefully, he gets back to full fitness soon!
- Cenk Tosun (32%, Crystal Palace) – Worth a punt for a third or fourth FWD. Scored against Man City in his first start!
- Shane Long (23%, Southampton) – Starting games, and scoring goals!
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 25 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best 11, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Form Last 30 Days: 1.69 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: wat (A), CRY (H), ars (A), MUN (H), che (A)
What’s Changed?: The hype around Coleman was unfortunately premature and ill-placed. We admit, like the vast majority of the EPL draft community; we were pretty keen on the Coleman train a few weeks ago. But it would appear Coleman is going to be rotated, with more of an emphasis on being a substitute with the occasional start than the other way around. With Sidibe on fire and the return of Theo Walcott, we cannot see Coleman becoming a regular. Given that most EPL draft managers deploy three, occasionally four, and very rarely five defenders; why waste a spot for someone like Coleman?
Recommendation: We suggest that you drop Coleman for a guaranteed starter.
Form Last 30 Days: 3.75 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: bur (A), NEW (H), EVE (H), mci (A), WHU (H)
What’s Changed?: We all hoped that new Arsenal manager Arteta would bring out the best in Ozil; it hasn’t happened! With only one double-digit score in the last eight Gameweeks, Ozil is ranked 85th best midfielder in the last 30 days for average points per game with a dismal 3.75. We are all out on Ozil now and you should be too. He has had long enough to prove himself under Arteta. There will always be the odd flash of brilliance, maybe even the odd score here and there of 12 or 13; but on the whole, Ozil is going to return you four to five points per Gameweek. As we come towards the business end of the season; Ozil isn’t going to win you the league.
Recommendation: We would drop Ozil with immediate effect and look to a free agent such as Duda (39%), Noble (41%) or Fred (55%).
Form Last 30 Days: 7 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: bur (A), NEW (H), EVE (H), mci (A), WHU (H)
What’s Changed?: Another Arsenal player to make our cold list this week, Lacazette is quite simply the frustration of a lot of Fantrax managers this season. With bundles of talent, Lacazette has only been able to find the back of the net on five occasions this season. In fact, his last goal came on the 5th December, nine Gameweeks ago, with only one assist coming during this period. What makes things more frustrating for Lacazette owners is that whilst Aubameyang has been out suspended, Lacazette has failed to take the opportunity to lead the attack; with many speculating that it could be Lacazette who makes way for the returning Aubameyang in Gameweek 26.
Recommendation: Given Lacazette’s form, his trade value is low; so the best option right now would be to hold onto him and hope his form picks up. You then have an asset worth trading.
Gameweek 25 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Ben Chilwell (99%, Leicester) – The ghost points, and attacking returns, have dried up
- Jonny Otto (86%, Wolves) – Scoring very poorly and has very high ownership
- Toby Alderweireld (78%, Tottenham) – Scoring poorly and conceding goals
- Victor Lindelof (45%, Manchester United) – Never scores well in Togga Scoring
- Kyle Walker (85%, Manchester City) – Scoring poorly and being rotated with Cancelo
- Nathan Ake (61%, Bournemouth) – Never scores well in Togga Scoring, not sure why his ownership is so high!
- David Luiz (55%, Arsenal) – A liability and now suspended after being sent off in Gameweek 24!
- Luke Shaw (47%, Manchester United) – Playing poorly, and Williams should now be first choice left-back
- Kurt Zouma (38%, Chelsea) – Recently dropped from the side with Rudiger and Christiansen being preferred in central defense
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Bernardo Silva (100%, Manchester City) – Only started once in the last four games. Very concerning
- Youri Tielemans (96%, Leicester) – Scoring very poorly – try and trade him out for a more reliable midfielder, or if not just drop him
- Daniel James (94%, Manchester United) – Goal dependent, and reducing impact and minutes. Not a fan
- Luka Milivojevic (89%, Crystal Palace) – Has been scoring very poorly this season
- Pascal Gross (87%, Brighton) – Doesn’t look to be in the best eleven, and scored an own goal in GW24
- Mesut Ozil (87%, Arsenal) – The German is starting every game, but not scoring well. Try and trade him out
- Christian Eriksen (83%, Tottenham) – Drop him. Looks to be joining Inter Milan
- Manuel Lanzini (79%, West Ham) – Not hitting the heights he’s expected to
- Anwar El Ghazi (74%, Aston Villa) – Starting games, but not scoring that well
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Raheem Sterling (100%, Manchester City) – Not hitting the heights he should be, and City sometimes look better without him in the side!
- Jamie Vardy (100%, Leicester) – The goals have dried up, and he may have an injury. A good fixture schedule coming up if he’s not ruled out, though
- Harry Kane (100%, Tottenham) – Ruled out with a hamstring injury… massive blow for a big player. Look at trades if you’re struggling
- Marcus Rashford (100%, Manchester United) – Try and trade him out if you’re chasing playoffs, otherwise hold him if you feel you can afford to!
- Alexandre Lacazette (99%, Arsenal) – Another big name who’s struggling for points at the moment
- Ashley Barnes (54%, Burnley) – The goals have dried up for Barnes, and now he’s going to be missing for a few weeks with injury
- Pedro (34%, Chelsea) – Not sure why anyone owns Pedro. Drop him if you’re one of the 34%!
- Takumi Minamino (30%, Liverpool) – We didn’t rate his prospects very high in our January Transfer Analysis, and he is struggling for minutes as we suggested
- Lys Mousset (19%, Sheffield United) – Struggling for goals and minutes. Drop him
Navigating Blank Gameweek 28 is essential for all Fantasy EPL managers! With two games postponed, you need to make a plan!!
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not stopping anytime soon! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.