Fantasy EPL Gameweek 22: Hot or Cold Player Rankings
Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL Draft players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 22 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 8.75 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: che (A), LEI (H), mun (A), ARS (H), sou (A)
What’s Changed?: We start this week’s edition with Burnley left back Taylor; who epitomizes why we write this weekly feature. Taylor is not a household name, and many Draft EPL and Fantrax managers will be actively avoiding the Burnley defense unless of course, you can get hold of Tarkowski. So this is why we are here for you chaps, if you’re looking at the free agents in your league and you’re in need of a defender, then typically you’d flick past Taylor, but the left back is worth a closer investigation. Taylor has seemingly seen off competition from the early season in-form Pieters and is now establishing himself in the starting XI. Taylor’s Fantrax statistics back up the justification for holding his spot, having picked up double-digit scores in five of the last seven appearances; all this despite keeping only three clean sheets.
Team: Manchester United
Average Score Last 5 Games: 9.3 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NOR (H), liv (A), BUR (H), WOL (H), che (A)
What’s Changed?: We’ve talked at length in the past on the @FPLkickaround podcast about the value of having a consistent points scorer in midfield. We’re not necessarily referring to a big name player who you’d expect to score double-digit scorers week in, week out; but the capability to return an average of eight points per gameweek. Right now, Fred is leading the way in the ‘Mr. Consistency’ form books. There are obviously bigger names who fit this mold, most notably Joao Moutinho; but at only 46% owned Fred is likely to be available in your league. An average of 9.3 points per gameweek over the last five gameweek’s gives you a real indication for the form Fred is riding right now. Fred will offer your side consistent points as we build up to the business end of the season.
Average Score Last 5 Games: 6.6 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: eve (A), AVL (H), bou (A), whu (A), WAT (H)
What’s Changed?: Can we be sure this form is more than just a momentary glimpse? Not at all, and I wouldn’t be keen to put my mortgage on Jahanbakhsh racking up 10+ goals over the remainder of the season. However, it is clear to anyone that watches football that Jahanbakhsh’s confidence is sky high; only a confident player attempts a bicycle kick. Imagine the feeling of backing up your first Premier League goal with a bicycle kick goal, your confidence will be unrivaled. So with two huge back-to-back gameweek scores totaling 32 points, Jahanbakhsh makes it into our Gameweek 22 player rankings hot list. Worth punting on and seeing how the Iranian performs!
Gameweek 22 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (100%, Liverpool) – Just a ridiculous talent. Top 5 overall player
- James Tarkowski (97%, Burnley) – Continues to score very well!
- Dijbril Sidibe (76%, Everton) – Scoring very well, and established in the side. Even played on the right-wing in GW19!
- Yerry Mina (53%, Everton) – Sign him if he’s a free agent! Should be in Ancelotti’s best xi, and Everton look a lot more solid now
- Jack Stephens (11%, Southampton) – Scoring very well at the moment, although Saints clean sheets are hard to predict!
- Arthur Masuaku (11%, West Ham) – Played at left wing-back in the FA Cup… could this be a sign of things to come?!
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Kevin De Bruyne (100%, Manchester City) – Continues to perform at the highest of levels!
- Joao Moutinho (99%, Wolves) – This chap just churns out those points. Averaging 10.99 PPG is huge, particularly given he rarely scores attacking returns!
- Jack Grealish (99%, Aston Villa) – Continues to perform
- Gylfi Sigurdsson (98%, Everton) – Have we finally got the Siggy of last season back?! Looks like it
- James Ward-Prowse (98%, Southampton) – Putting together some good performances recently. Hojbjerg another really strong option
- Emi Buendia (93%, Norwich) – On amazing form at the moment. A top, top player
- Abdoulaye Doucoure (80%, Watford) – Playing as the number 10 under Pearson
- Pablo Fornals (52%, West Ham) – Scoring very well at the moment, lots of attacking returns
- Declan Rice (47%, West Ham) – Scoring surprisingly consistently in recent week
- Aaron Mooy (36%, Brighton) – On sensational form for Brighton. Mooy is their best player, and he’s guaranteed minutes
- Mario Vrancic (6%, Norwich) – Scoring well for The Canaries, but not guaranteed to start every game
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Sadio Mane (100%, Liverpool) – Outshining the more sought after Salah at the moment, he’s the Liverpool player to own
- Anthony Martial (100%, Manchester United) – Back from injury and scoring well!
- Raul Jimenez (100%, Wolves) – The Mexican continues to perform very well
- Willian (99%, Chelsea) – Really upped his game in recent weeks, adding attacking returns to his already decent scores!
- Danny Ings (98%, Southampton) – Continues to score goals, and lots of Fantrax points!
- Gerard Deulofeu (97%, Watford) – Actually scoring consistently well at the moment
- Adama Traore (88%, Wolves) – A favorite of the chaps on the @fplkickaround; Traore has been a revelation this season!
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (64%, Everton) – Looks nailed as the central striker in a rejuvenated Everton side
- Ismaila Sarr (40%, Watford) – We’ve featured Sarr a lot recently, as he’s finally settled into life in the EPL
- Pedro Neto (8%, Wolves) – Keep an eye out for injury news about Jota. If he’s out for a few weeks, Neto is a really good option
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 22 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best 11, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 5.45 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: NEW (H), sou (A), LIV (H), mun (A), LEI (H)
What’s Changed?: It hasn’t been a great run for Jonny who has failed to pick up a double-digit gameweek score in the last five gameweeks. Moreover, the form of Jonny is not just the only concern, Wolves have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six fixtures! After the Gameweek 22 fixture against Newcastle, the future looks pretty ominous for Jonny as Southampton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Leicester all feature in the top-10 goal scorers in the Premier League.
Recommendation: For Jonny, we suggest a two-stage approach. We’d recommend keeping Jonny for the fixture with Newcastle as this could bring about a clean sheet; particularly given all the injuries Newcastle is dealing with at present. We’d then suggest looking for a trade, hopefully using the cleanie picked up in this Gameweek as bait!
Team: Crystal Palace
Average Score Last 5 Games: 6.4 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: ARS (H), mci (A), SOU (H), SHU (H), eve (A)
What’s Changed?: We’ve not been overly impressed with Milivojevic this season, under-performing with an average of 7.28 points per gameweek so far. The last five gameweeks have been poor for Milivojevic, scoring lower than his season average; and it could have been much worse had Milivojevic not picked up 13.5 points in Gameweek 20. Don’t get us wrong, Milivojevic is not performing horrifically but there are better, more in form players available. The straw the finally broke the camels back for us, was the red card picked up in the FA Cup; meaning Milivojevic will miss the next three gameweeks.
Recommendation: We’d recommend searching for a trade deal for Milivojevic. We’d expect you to be able to get a pretty good deal over the line as Milivojevic is a fashionable draft EPL player. Trading away Milivojevic will undoubtedly feel strange, but his form this season has been poor; Draft EPL moves quickly so you need to ensure your squad is full-on in form players.
Average Score Last 5 Games: 3.6 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: mun (A), BOU (H), tot (A), new (A), LIV (H)
What’s Changed?: We really didn’t want to add Pukki to the Gameweek 22 player rankings cold list. In fact, let’s talk about Harry Kane (100%) who is ruled out until March with a hamstring injury. Kane could miss in the region of six to eight games; so we’d recommend looking for a trade deal to soften the blow! Sadly, back to our Norwich boi, Pukki! The Canaries frontman has gone on another little run of poor form recently, not to mention picking up an injury that will rule him out of Gameweek 22.
Recommendation: We’ve seen Pukki go through some bad form already this season and he came out the other side; so we’d recommend holding onto the Norwich forward.
Gameweek 22 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Benjamin Mendy (79%, Manchester City) – Usually scores well when he plays, but he can’t be relied upon to keep his place…
- Toby Alderweireld (78%, Tottenham) – Scoring poorly and conceding goals
- Dan Burn (53%, Brighton) – Out injured for a month
- Victor Lindelof (49%, Manchester United) – Never scores well in Togga Scoring
- Danny Rose (38%, Tottenham) – Not getting a look in under Mourinho
- Ryan Fredericks (28%, West Ham) – Scored 28 points in GW21, but is now injured until February
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Youri Tielemans (99%, Leicester) – Actually scoring pretty poorly – try and trade him out for a more reliable midfielder!
- Paul Pogba (98%, Manchester United) – Injured again. Sigh
- Mason Mount (93%, Midfielder) – Goal/assist dependent, and likely to be rotated due to Chelsea’s available attacking talent
- Ryan Fraser (81%, Bournemouth) – What a nightmare he’s been this season. Scoring nowhere near last season!
- Harvey Barnes (70%, Leicester) – Not starting much at the moment, although he can be explosive when he does start!
- Scott McTominay (68%, Manchester United) – Out injured and doesn’t look to be returning any time soon
- Andros Townsend (68%, Crystal Palace) – On very poor form, having scored 39.5 points since GW8. Now out injured too. DROP HIM!!!
- Onel Hernandez (14%, Norwich) – The pacey winger is struggling for game time at the moment
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Harry Kane (100%, Tottenham) – Ruled out with a hamstring injury… massive blow for a big player. Look at trades if you’re struggling
- Joshua King (91%, Bournemouth) – Ruled out for around 6 weeks. Try and trade him out if you can’t afford to bench him for that long!
- Callum Wilson (86%) – Scoring very poorly, this Chap is frozen solid
- Ashley Barnes (72%, Burnley) – The goals have dried up for Barnes, and he’s scoring poorly
- Wesley (62%, Aston Villa) – The big man has been ruled out for the rest of the season
- Christian Benteke (18%, Crystal Palace) – Unfortunately he’s injured, after some great displays!
Wondering who the best current Fantasy EPL players to target are? Look no further than our Top 125 ROS Player Rankings on Fantrax!!
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax has been one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not stopping anytime soon! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.