Our Hot or Cold Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL Draft players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 16 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 8.85 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: eve (A), BOU (H), tot (A), SOU (H), ars (A)
What’s Changed?: Both @JWillDraft and Chap 2 spoke about Reece James in episode 14 of the @FPLKickaround podcast this week. Chap 2 was undecided about whether to pick up James from his league’s free agents pool; well he’s now been beaten to it by a rival manager. We would highly recommend you don’t dwell on bringing in James like Chap 2 did because the young Chelsea right-back is a hot property right now. Whilst his average points per Gameweek is still a little low at 8.85, we fully expect this to improve. He looks set for an extended run in the Chelsea side and has a natural ability to attack; which will, of course, compliment Chelsea’s style. Go and pick James up chaps!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 10 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: new (A), WHU (H), avl (A), che (A), CRY (H)
What’s Changed?: Hojbjerg is becoming a very reliable midfielder four (MID 4) with impressive returns over the past three Gameweek’s totaling 50 points! Southampton has some good fixtures coming up, which makes Hojbjerg even more of an attractive proposition given that the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, and Aston Villa are all Gameweek’s whereby the potential for good returns are high. If you are looking for a midfielder to sit and forget about, the Hojbjerg is the chap for you; churning out an average of eight points per Gameweek is the exact type of MID 4 option that will help your team consistently.
Team: Norwich City
Average Score Last 5 Games: 11 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: SHU (H), lei (A), WOL (H), avl (A), TOT (H)
What’s Changed?: Ok, we are biased but we love this chap! Lots of pundits and Fantrax managers alike were writing Pukki off; even we had to reluctantly move Pukki onto our cold list. But he is back, with two goals in his last two games, Pukki is back among the goals and boy do Norwich needs them! Pukki scored a fortunate goal in Gameweek 14 against Arsenal, but there was nothing fortunate about the finish against Southampton in Gameweek 15. The Canaries talisman forward will be looking to add more goals to his season tally of eight against Sheffield United, and we fully expect him to do so.
Gameweek 16 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (100%, Liverpool) – Just incredible this season. A Top 5 overall player
- Ricardo Pereira (100%, Leicester) – An elite defender this season, consistently scores well. Soyuncu also a great option
- Lucas Digne (100%, Everton) – The Frenchman is scoring well despite playing for a poor Everton side
- Matt Doherty (95%, Wolves) – Getting back to his best with two double-digit scores in a row!
- Serge Aurier (89%, Spurs) – Jose seems to really like Aurier and has voiced his desire for Aurier to attack; which will be music to Fantrax owners ears as Spurs aren’t keeping cleanies
- Jetro Willems (66%, Newcastle) – The left wing-back continues to perform well, and doesn’t need clean sheets
- Matt Targett (64%, Aston Villa) – The young left-back is scoring well, and doesn’t need clean sheets!
- Dan Burn (55%, Brighton) – The giant center back continues to perform well, despite Brighton’s tough fixtures
- Jeffrey Schlupp (36%, Crystal Palace) – Consecutive goals from the bench, he now looks set to start with PVA out injured
- Federico Fernandez (7%, Newcastle) – The big center back is scoring well, and still pretty under the radar!
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- James Maddison (100%, Leicester) – Making this very good Leicester side tick
- Dele Alli (99%, Tottenham) – He’s back in the side, scoring goals, and playing well!!
- Jack Grealish (99%, Aston Villa) – Just a stunning player this season. A Top 20 player for sure!
- James Ward-Prowse (97%, Southampton) – Putting together some great performances recently
- Todd Cantwell (82%, Norwich) – Back in the Norwich best eleven, and finding some good form once again
- Michail Antonio (65%, West Ham) – Returned to the side to great effect, but Pellegrini is going to manage his minutes
- Jonjo Shelvey (37%, Newcastle) – Consecutive goals and back to his best! Sign him while you still can
- Onel Hernandez (25%, Norwich City) – Since returning from injury the Canaries winger has looked a real handful scoring well without attacking returns!
- Aaron Mooy (8%, Brighton) – Back in Potters good book, and gained an assist in GW15
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Jamie Vardy (100%, Leicester) – On fire with goals both personally and the whole team! All aboard the Leicester train.
- Tammy Abraham (100%, Chelsea) – Continues to perform… a FWD1 for the rest of the season
- Sadio Mane (100%, Liverpool) – Outshining the more sought after Salah at the moment, he’s the Liverpool player to won
- Raul Jimenez (100%, Wolves) – The Mexican continues to perform very well
- Marcus Rashford (100%, Manchester United) – In the form of his life
- Wilfried Zaha (99%, Crystal Palace) – The main man for Palace has really stepped it up a notch in the last couple of Gameweeks with two goals in three games prior to GW15
- Danny Ings (93%, Southampton) – Four goals in four games, hopefully he can stay injury-free
- Adama Traore (84%, Wolves) – A favorite of the chaps on the @fplkickaround; Traore has been a revelation this season!
- Allan Saint-Maximin (55%, Newcastle) – Total livewire possessing electric pace! A really useful 3rd choice forward!
- David McGoldrick (24%, Sheffield United) – Done very well the last three games, could be a great little pick up in larger leagues!
- Ismaila Sarr (13%, Watford) – Now in the Watford side, and playing pretty well. A good under the radar option
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 16 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best 11, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Team: Manchester City
Average Score Last 5 Games: 1 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: MUN (H), ars (A), LEI (H), wol (A), SHU (H)
What’s Changed?: Mendy has played in only two of the last five Gameweeks, this is just not something you can afford to rely on if you want to either challenge for a title or avoid being caught up finish bottom of your league and falling foul of the punishments that being bottom comes with (check out our article on how to keep your league active by punishing the loser of your league). In the five games Mendy has actually made it out onto the pitch, his average score of 5.1 PPG is nowhere near good enough for a player of his quality and the side he is in.
Recommendation: We’d recommend dropping Mendy immediately and finding an alternative. There are plenty of options out there!
Average Score Last 5 Games: 0.30 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: BUR (H), wol (A), CHE (H), BHA (H), nor (A)
What’s Changed?: Eriksen has all but ended his career at Spurs if what you read in the papers is correct. Well, rather than go on what we are reading, let’s look at the ‘facts’ (said in our best Rafa Benitez impression). Eriksen has started in one game in the last five, this one game was also before Jose took over. Since Jose has been in charge of Spurs, Eriksen has played on 37 minutes of football in three Premier League games; Eriksen has done nothing in these short run-outs. Finally, whilst Alli got the Man of the Match award in the Champions League win over Olympiakos last month, it was the introduction of Eriksen at 0-2 down that changed the game. Yet Jose has still refused to pick Eriksen in the following two Gameweek’s. These ‘facts’ would suggest Eriksen will leave in January.
Recommendation: Drop Eriksen with immediate effect.
Team: West Ham
Average Score Last 5 Games: 6.7 PPG
Next 5 Fixtures: ARS (H), sou (A), cry (A), LEI (H), BOU (H)
What’s Changed?: Another disappointing Gameweek for the early season favorite Haller who has not scored a goal since Gameweek eight. Haller has also found pressure for his place in the starting lineup, which will be a bigger concern for Fantrax managers who own Haller than his goal-scoring form. At least if Haller is on the pitch he has a chance to score, but with Antonio back to fitness and performing well; fully expect rotation for Haller.
Recommendation: We highly recommend looking to trade Haller out of your squad. Don’t go into the trade talks thinking Haller’s value is at an all-time low. Whilst he will get rotated, Antonio is only one injury away from Haller going unchallenged for his place again. And Antonio is prone to an injury. So be strong and look for a solid forward 2 like Saint-Maximin, Traore or McNeil.
Gameweek 16 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka (95%, Manchester United) – United’s defense is really not good at the moment and Wan-Bissaka is in a dreadful run of form. Not attacking and not picking up cleanies!
- Kyle Walker (93%, Manchester City) – How is Walker 93% owned?! Awful
- Toby Alderweireld (81%, Tottenham) – Drop him. Scoring poorly and Tottenham have a leaky defense
- Fikayo Tomori (60%, Chelsea) – Looks like the youngster will be rotated over the busy period, and hasn’t actually been scoring very well recently
- Victor Lindelof (50%, Manchester United) – Never scores well on Togga scoring
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Felipe Anderson (99%, West Ham) – Scores incredibly well on Fantrax, in Gameweek 15 Anderson racked up a huge score of 18.5 points for doing literally nothing on the pitch. It is his form on the pitch which concerns us, and Anderson is flirting with getting dropped.
- Ryan Fraser (92%, Bournemouth) – What a nightmare he’s been this season. Left on the bench for GW15
- Nathan Redmond (82%, Southampton) – No double-figure scores since September, and no attacking returns since August
- Manuel Lanzini (61%, West Ham) – Injured for two months, but to be honest, his stock had fallen away with West Ham’s form.
- Dani Ceballos (57%, Arsenal) – Injured for around a month, and doesn’t actually score that well on Fantrax
- Roberto Pereyra (36%, Watford) – Scoring very poorly, and not well suited to Togga scoring. Drop him
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Callum Wilson (100%) – Scoring very poorly, but his trade value is too low to consider shipping him out though!
- Nicolas Pepe (96%, Arsenal) – We warned you Chaps a couple of weeks ago about Pepe’s minutes potentially reducing… he didn’t even make it off the bench in Gameweek 14 and got 45 minutes from the bench in Gameweek 15
- Wesley (68%, Aston Villa) – He plays every game, but is pretty goal dependent. Try and trade him out if you can
- Joelinton (66%, Newcastle) – Carroll started in GW15, so he could start to rotate. Goal dependent anyway
- Andriy Yarmolenko (52%, West Ham) – The Ukrainian doesn’t look like he cares at the moment – he’ll be benched now that Antonio is back on the scene!
Having an active Fantrax Fantasy EPL league is absolutely essential. Follow these tips to maintain an active league for the whole season!!
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax has been one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not stopping anytime soon! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.