Week 9 of the Fantasy basketball schedule is the most balanced spread of games we have had this year. There are three teams playing on the low nights, offering Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday streaming opportunities. As discussed earlier, player values have started to settle. In terms of trades, the “Buy Low” and “Sell High” variance is closing, but managers can still find a deal if their timing is right. Also, injuries are still high and frustrated managers may be willing to sell off an asset at a discount price if you provide them health.
Let’s start by highlighting some trade targets. The “Buy Low” targets aren’t as obvious this week, but a bad stretch of games offers up a small window of opportunity. The “Sell High” players are slightly different. Players like Jimmy Butler will produce elite stats, but won’t play many games, while Bol Bol surged out of the gates and may not have the juice to sustain such great play for the entire season.
NBA Schedule Preview
- Devin Booker
- Jalen Green
- Rudy Gobert
- Scottie Barnes
- Mikal Bridges
- Jimmy Butler
- Damian Lillard
- Julius Randle
- Jordan Poole
- Bol Bol
While you work the trade market, don’t forget to optimize your lineups for this week. Here is the schedule and streaming options for week 9:
This week’s schedule:
- Monday (12/12): 7 games
- Tuesday (12/13): 5 games
- Wednesday (12/14): 10 games
- Thursday (12/15): 4 games
- Friday (12/16): 10 games
- Saturday (12/17): 7 games
- Sunday (12/18): 14 games
Teams with 4 games this week:
MIA, POR, BOS, WAS, MIN, CLE, OKC, LAC, IND, GSW, DAL
Teams with 3 games this week:
CHI, ATL, DEN, NYK, CHA, PHO, BKN, DET, MIL, MEM, TOR, LAL, SAC, HOU, ORL, SAS, NOR, UTA
Teams with 2 games this week:
Streaming Targets: Optimize your Streaming:
Streaming is a great play this week, with the Suns, Bucks, and Rockets playing on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday low nights. Depending on your league the players available will vary, but the players below should be available in most 12- or 14-team formats.
PHOENIX SUNS (TUES/THURS/SAT)
- Torrey Craig (SF/PF) – Craig isn’t the most consistent, but his minutes are. With a solid role on the Suns, Craig makes for a great steamer this week. He can produce points, threes, with a few assists on good percentages.
- Cam Payne (PG) – Now that Chris Paul is back, Payne’s value has fallen considerably. As a streamer, we can expect him to chip in assists in a small role off the bench.
- Damion Lee (SG/SF) – In a modest role off the bench, Lee can provide points, threes, modest rebounds, and a few assists. His upside is limited, but Lee makes for a serviceable streamer this week.
MILWAUKEE BUCKS (TUES/THURS/SAT)
- Grayson Allen (SG) – Flirting with 12 team value, Allen gives you 30 minutes a night and can provide points, threes, rebounds, and moderate assists. With a schedule on the weak nights, Allen is a great streamer this week.
- Pat Connaughton (SG/SF) – Deep league streamer, Pat can provide threes and rebounds, that’s about it. There are better options this week but he has a good schedule if desperate.
HOUSTON ROCKETS (TUES/THURS/SAT)
- Tari Eason (SF) – Steals specialist with upside in points and rebounds. If he were to increase his 20-minute-per-game role, he could have serious value moving forward. He is a great streamer this week and one worth hanging on to long-term for Houston’s eventual youth movement.
- Kenyon Martin Jr. (SF) – With the Rockets’ schedule on the light days, Martin can offer points and rebounds for 14 team leagues.