Fantasy Basketball: Fringe Report – Ed Davis
Monday in the NBA brought with it eight games, none of which provided a lot of fringe player action. The Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to face the Celtics and although they lost, Ed Davis continues to deliver in the rebounds category. I will run over the games, attempting to find some value for those in search of a new direction.
Not using Fantrax to host your fantasy basketball league? Check out our fantasy basketball commissioner and see why you should be!
Fantasy Basketball Fringe
Players to add
- Austin Rivers
- Luke Kornet
Players to stream
- Reggie Bullock
- Ed Davis
- Shabazz Napier
- JaMychal Green
- J.J. Barea
San Antonio Spurs def. Detroit Pistons 119-107
- Pau Gasol (42%) – Drop
- Jakob Poeltl (37%) – Drop
- Patty Mills (25%) – Watch: Mills has now scored in double-digits in four straight games, hitting a combined nine three-pointers in that time. His ceiling is quite low but he is a player to watch despite having very little upside.
- Marco Belinelli (21%) – Drop
- Davis Bertans (17%) – Drop
- Reggie Bullock (40%) – Stream: Bullock continues to score in the teens with regularity, providing a steady source of points and threes. He is on the fringe of being a standard league player but could certainly be streamed in across many formats.
- Stanley Johnson (25%) – Drop
- Luke Kennard (25%) – Watch: Kennard continues to alternate good and bad games, finishing with 10 points Monday. His playing time is far from guaranteed and he is a tough player to trust moving forward.
- Langston Galloway (12%) – Drop
- Bruce Brown Jr. (11% – Drop
- Jose Calderon (4%) – Drop
- Jon Leuer (3%) – Drop
Boston Celtics def. Brooklyn Nets 116-95
- Robert Williams (18%) – Drop
- Daniel Theis (12%) – Drop: Theis has put together a couple of decent games, although both games have been comfortable victories. Aron Baynes is closing in on a return which makes Theis very hard to roster.
- Rodions Kurucs (29%) – Watch: Kurucs matched his career-high with 24 points Monday. Prior to this, he had been trending down and DeMarre Carroll was out for this game. Owners should not rush to grab him, simply take a wait and see approach.
- Ed Davis (26%) – Stream: Another night, another strong rebounding effort for Davis who continues to rack up the boards.
- Shabazz Napier (14%) – Stream: Napier was in the starting lineup Monday, replacing the injured Joe Harris. He ended with 10 points as well as contributions across the board. He has been seeing regular minutes on the floor recently and is worth a look while he is playing well.
- Kenneth Faried (12%) – Drop: Faried moved back into the rotation Monday, with the Nets missing a number or regular guys. He finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds, which in itself is very tasty. However, he hadn’t even played the last few games and is not someone to get too excited about at this stage.
Houston Rockets def. Denver Nuggets 125-113
- Austin Rivers (29%) – Add: Rivers was a disaster for owners Monday, hitting just 1-of-7 shots, ending with four points. He had been scoring the ball well prior to Monday and should continue to see big minutes as long as Chris Paul and Eric Gordon are out.
- Danuel House Jr. (21%) – Watch: House has been less impactful over the past two games and has seen a slight drop in playing time. The opportunity is still there and so he should be monitored in case he can build his value back up.
- James Ennis (16%) – Drop
- Gerald Green (15%) – Stream: Green hit six triples on his way to 21 points Monday, adding just five rebounds. Basically every shot Green takes is from beyond the perimeter and despite the off nights, he is still a three-point specialist who can be streamed.
- Mason Plumlee (49%) – Drop: Plumlee moved back to the bench Monday and his time as a standard league asset appears to be at an end.
- Juancho Hernangomez (46%) – Drop
- Malik Beasley (39%) – Watch: Beasley found his shot Monday, totaling 14 points in 26 minutes. Gary Harris suffered a minor injury and owners should keep an eye on his status leading up to the next game.
- Trey Lyles (31%) – Drop
- Torrey Craig (10%) – Drop
Milwaukee Bucks def. Utah Jazz 114-102
- George Hill (33%) – Drop
- Ersan Ilyasova (22%) – Drop
- Thon Maker (14%) – Drop: Maker scored 15 points in Monday’s victory, more than his last four games combined. He occasionally pops up with performances like this but there is no need to get overly excited.
- Sterling Brown (9%) – Drop
- Tony Snell (8%) – Drop
- Kyle Korver (16%) – Drop
- Royce O’Neale (8%) – Drop
- Raul Neto (3%) – Watch: Neto finished with 10 points, seven rebounds, and five assists Monday, basically setting season-high totals across the board. Ricky Rubio left after just four minutes with a thigh injury meaning Neto played a season-high 29 minutes. Dante Exum is out for at least a couple of weeks and so Neto is worth watching in case Rubio misses time.
New Orleans Pelicans def. Memphis Grizzlies 114-95
- Tim Frazier (14%) – Drop
- Darius Miller (11%) – Drop
- Frank Jackson (11%) – Drop: Jackson came out of nowhere to score a career-high 17 points in Monday’s victory. Garbage time was a factor here and we would need to see him do this again to sit up and take any notice.
- Jahlil Okafor (10%) – Drop: Muck like Frank Jackson, Okafor took advantage of garbage time to end with a decent line. As soon as Nikola Mirotic returns, Okafor will likely fall back out of the rotation.
- JaMychal Green (41%) – Stream: Green provides purely points and rebounds and if that suits your needs, stream away.
- Garrett Temple (34%) – Watch: The arrival of Justin Holiday does not appear to have cut into Temple’s playing time thus far leaving him as a player to simply keep an eye on.
- Omri Casspi (6%) – Drop
Los Angeles Lakers def. Dallas Mavericks 107-97
- Ivica Zubac (25%) – Drop
- Lance Stephenson (21%) – Drop: After a solid performance Sunday, Stephenson was invisible Monday and can be safely ignored everywhere.
- Tyson Chandler (15%) – Drop
- Michael Beasley (10%) – Drop: Beasley scored 13 points in nine minutes Monday, but with Kyle Kuzma back and LeBron James getting closer, will move out of the rotation.
- J.J. Barea (48%) – Stream: Barea is the only Mavericks player outside of the starting five who has any value. He finished with 11 points and three assists Monday and can be viewed as a points and assists type streamer.
- Dirk Nowitzki (34%) – Drop
- Dwight Powell (21%) – Drop
- Dorian Finney-Smith (18%) – Drop
Portland Trail Blazers def. New York Knicks 111-101
- Moe Harkless (31%) – Drop: Harkless returned to action Monday but was forced out early due to knee soreness. This is the same knee that has been giving him troubles and he is a tough player to roster right now.
- Zach Collins (29%) – Drop
- Evan Turner (28%) – Drop
- Seth Curry (14%) – Drop: Curry had 13 points Monday but his numbers are too erratic to warrant a standard league spot.
- Meyers Leonard (8%) – Drop: Leonard had himself a solid game Monday but much like Seth Curry, is far too inconsistent to even sniff standard league value.
- Jake Layman (5%) – Drop: Layman chalked up his first double-double of the season Monday, adding five assists in 22 minutes. This was out of the blue and owners should not get too excited about his prospects.
- Mario Hezonja (44%) – Watch: Hezonja played 31 minutes Monday, the most he has played since early November. He finished with 14 points and seven rebounds, flashing the upside owners had been hoping for at the beginning of the season. Prior to this, he had played in just two of the previous six games and so his playing time moving forward is anyone’s guess.
- Luke Kornet (39%) – Add: Kornet started but played just 19 minutes Monday, ending with minimal production. Fouls were not an issue and he simply lost playing time to Enes Kanter who played 29 minutes. Kornet appears the starter for the time being and is still worth a look in standard formats but the leash appears quite short.
- Trey Burke (36%) – Drop
- Allonzo Trier (26%) – Drop
- Damyean Dotson (20%) – Drop
Sacramento Kings def. Orlando Magic 111-95
- Harry Giles (28%) – Drop: Giles had some nice moments Monday but garbage time was a factor and his playing time is typically not enough to have any real value.
- Justin Jackson (16%) – Drop
- Yogi Ferrell (11%) – Drop
- Kosta Koufos (8%) – Drop
- Jonathon Simmons (20%) – Drop
- Wes Iwundu (5%) – Drop
- Isaiah Briscoe (4%) – Drop
Got a question about today’s fantasy basketball fringe report? Hit Adam up on twitter @adamking91 or give a shout out to @Fantrax
Fantrax is one of the fastest growing fantasy sites of 2018. With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.