In flipping the fringe report, I am now going to look ahead at the games to be played, outlining any fringe players that could be used for that day’s action. Sunday brings with it just three games, meaning streaming value is going to be hard to come by. The Knicks rotations are somewhat in limbo which could give someone like Allonzo Trier a nice opportunity. I will look at Trier as well as a few others who could help push your team over the edge on the final day of the week for many leagues.
Not using Fantrax to host your fantasy basketball league? Check out our fantasy basketball commissioner and see why you should be!
Fantasy Basketball Fringe
Players to add
- Allonzo Trier
Players to stream
- Luke Kornet
- Damyean Dotson
- Nerlens Noel
- Terrance Ferguson
- Avery Bradley
Memphis Grizzlies @ New York Knicks
- Garrett Temple (23%) – Drop
- JaMychal Green (44%) – Drop: Green was in the starting lineup last game, replacing Jaren Jackson Jr. who was out with a quad injury. Green has been trending in the wrong direction and was unable to put up any real value despite the starting role. Jackson is probable for Sunday which will likely send Green back to the bench.
- Shelvin Mack (18%) – Watch: Mack had a good game as the starting point guard, replacing Mike Conley who was sidelined. Mack typically finds it hard to play enough to have any real value. However, if Conley remains out Sunday, Mack could be worth streaming in on what is a low volume day.
- Bruno Caboclo (11%) – Watch
- Jevon Carter (9%) – Watch
- Joakim Noah (9%) – Watch: Noah put up 10 points and 11 rebounds Friday, in what was one his better games of the season. The future of Marc Gasol remains clouded, however, owners should not get too excited about this line.
- Ivan Rabb (8%) – Watch: Rabb has put together a nice string of performances, ending with 15 points and five rebounds in his most recent. If Marc Gasol misses time for any reason, Rabb could be a player to consider, depending of course on the situation.
- Mario Hezonja (47%) – Watch: Hezonja’s role continues to be a source of frustration for many owners, and the recent trade only complicates matters further. There is no word on whether the new additions will be in action Sunday making Hezonja a tough add.
- Allonzo Trier (42%) – Add: Trier appears to be a winner when analyzing the recent trade and Sunday is an opportunity for him to prove his worth. He was certainly not at his best in their last outing but should still be able to see plenty of minutes Sunday. Given the low volume of games, Trier is worth a look if you need points with assists and rebounds.
- Frank Ntilikina (35%) – Drop
- Luke Kornet (22%) – Stream: Kornet is back in the starting lineup and despite his poor showing Friday, should still be able to work his way to a sizeable role Sunday. It remains to be seen whether DeAndre Jordan actually plays for the Knicks and owners will be hoping that he is in fact moved on.
- Damyean Dotson (20%) – Stream: Dotson had his best game in some time Friday, taking advantage of the weakened roster. Much like Allonzo Trier, Dotson is in a position to increase his value moving forward and is worth a look in some 12-team formats. Keep in mind he doesn’t come with the upside of Trier and certainly holds a little more risk.
Oklahoma City Thunder @ Boston Celtics
- Nerlens Noel (35%) – Stream: Noel continues to put up defensive numbers despite the limited playing time and with only three games Sunday, should be considered if you need blocks and steals.
- Terrance Ferguson (18%) – Stream: Ferguson was a major disappointment in his last game but had been playing well prior to that. If you need some points on the final day of your week, Ferguson could be worth a gamble.
- Patrick Patterson (8%) – Drop
- Aron Baynes (13%) – Drop
- Daniel Theis (10%) – Drop
Los Angeles Clippers @ Toronto Raptors
- Avery Bradley (39%) – Stream: Bradley had scored in double-digits in seven straight games leading up to Saturday and with Danilo Gallinari still sidelined, could be streamed in if you need points and threes.
- Marcin Gortat (30%) – Drop
- Boban Marjanovic (15%) – Drop: Marjanovic finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds Saturday, his second straight game back in the rotation. Marcin Gortat was given the hook after just four minutes, continuing to trend down. If Marjanovic was assured of at least 15 minutes per night he would certainly be someone to consider as a points and boards streamer. At this stage, however, his playing time is difficult to predict making him hard to take a gamble on.
- OG Anunoby (30%) – Drop
- Delon Wright (17%) – Drop
- Greg Monroe (13%) – Drop
- Norman Powell (11%) – Watch: Of all the Raptors bench players, outside of Fred VanVleet, Powell has demonstrated the most consistency over the past couple of weeks. The ceiling is far from spectacular but he has scored in double-digits in five of his past six games, meaning he could be streamed in if you are desperate for points.
- C.J. Miles (8%) – Drop
Ready to take your team to the next level? Check out all of our Fantasy Basketball content.
Fantrax is one of the fastest growing fantasy sites of 2018. With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.