Top Fantasy Baseball Draft Tools for 2020
As part of a new feature here on FantraxHQ we’ll be sharing some of the top fantasy sports resources from around the internet. This post digs into the top fantasy baseball draft tools for the 2020 season.
Draft day is big. It’s huge. It’s like Christmas, your birthday, and chicken alfredo pizza all rolled into one. As such the fantasy baseball industry puts a lot of emphasis on content that can help you prepare for the big day. Over the next few months, you’re going to see a ton of articles focused on Draft Strategy, Rankings, Auction Strategy, and Values, plus a whole lot more. One oft-ignored resource for draft day is the great tools many sites offer. This page will attempt to rectify that with links to the very best fantasy baseball draft tools in existence.
Before we get to the draft tools that meet very specific needs, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Fantasy Rundown. It’s basically the portal that can hook you up with everything you need for fantasy baseball. If you’re not dropping by there on a daily basis then you’re sabotaging your own bad self.
Fantasy Baseball is year-round here at Fantrax with 2020 leagues already forming. So what are you waiting for? Join a league today!
FantasyPros Draft Tools
It isn’t often I dedicate an entire section of links to one site. The FantasyPros stuff is that good. As industry people we tend to focus on their rankings tools that help many individual sites while at the same time bringing many of the top experts together. They also offer an incredible fleet of draft tools to help individual fantasy owners.
- Fantasy Baseball Draft Simulator – Mock drafts are an awesome way to prepare for the season, but they do consume time. Not so with the FantasyPros Draft Wizard. You draft against AI which uses consensus rankings from the top analysts in the league. You can finish your mock draft in just a minute or two. Best of all is this one is completely free.
- Fantasy Baseball Draft Assistant – I got to try out this tool for free and it was pretty cool. It syncs up with drafts from CBS, Fantrax, RTSports, and a few other sites. It tracks players taken and offers up recommendations for your picks based on the consensus rankings from industry experts. I know the player pool as well as anyone, but this tool can help make sure no player slips by you. It’s an awesome way to stay on top of things and avoid some of the “unique” default rankings these sites use.
- Draft Analyzer – Pretty much does what it says. It provides instant analysis of your mock and real drafts and gives you a quick idea of how your team stacks up and breaks down your strengths and weaknesses.
- Cheat Sheet Creator – Great tool that helps you build a custom cheat sheet to use during your drafts. You can build them based on consensus rankings or base them on projections.
- Auction Value Calculator – Another great tool that makes sure you come into your fantasy baseball auction with a plan.
More Fantasy Baseball Draft Tools for 2020
- Draft Buddy – According to the site Draft Buddy creates cheatsheets customized to your fantasy baseball league rules and scoring. Draft Buddy also tracks your fantasy drafts to help you make the best draft-day decisions.
- Draft Genius from FantasySP – Utilize the Draft Genius during your next Yahoo, CBSSports, and ESPN draft. This fantasy baseball draft tool helps you decide who to draft next, in real-time, for your fantasy team based on value and position in the draft.
- Fantasy Link for Chrome – FantasyLink is a Chrome extension that integrates FanGraphs, Baseball Reference, Razzball, Baseball Prospectus, Baseball Savant, & Baseball Theater directly into your fantasy baseball league website.
- FantraxHQ Position Eligibility Tool – Need to know which positions a player is eligible for? Simply type a name in the search box and see all 2019 games played by position. You can also sort by games played at each position. There is no better tool for identifying fantasy baseball position eligibility.
- Razzball Fantasy Baseball War Room – In their words, the War Room is a draft tool to help you track where you are at any moment in a draft. It shows you if you have too many steals, homers… Or if your ERA or WHIP are too low. Or too high. Or if your lamb is still rare… Yeah, it’s Razzball, so they head in strange directions. Still a great tool for getting a feel for how to build a team.
- Razzball’s Fantasy Team Name Generator – Hey everything doesn’t have to be rocket science and Sabermetrics. If you’re looking for a team name with attitude, what better place to look than Razzball.
- Roster Resource – I just linked to the entire site because, as its name suggests, Roster Resource is an incredible resource to see how team roster and lineups are shaping up. It’s great all year, but especially during draft season to see where the playing time battles will be.
- Smart Fantasy Baseball – Are you decent with excel? If so the tools on Smart Fantasy Baseball can take your game to the next level. Rather than provide you with a bunch of analysis, this site is one big tool that helps you be the expert. Tools included are an Automated SGP Rankings Tool, Projecting X, which is a baseball projections system developed by Mike Podhorzer and made accessible to all by Tanner Bell, and a Projections Aggregator Tool.
This list will always be a work in progress. Help us out and share your favorite fantasy baseball draft tools in the comments below.
For more great rankings, strategy, and analysis check out the 2020 FantraxHQ Fantasy Baseball Draft Kit. We’ll be adding more content from now right up until Opening Day!
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not stopping anytime soon! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.