Our Gameweek 9 Player Rankings are here to outline the current prospects of key Fantasy EPL players. The ‘Hot’ or ‘Cold’ status will help take away your emotional attachment to certain Draft Premier League players and bring in the players that you need to help you dominate your Fantrax Draft League!
Use these hints and tips to increase your chances of success! New kid on the block hitting good form? Early draft pick not performing? Use this article as an objective way to influence your transfer and trade activity!
Looking for a better way to play Fantasy Premier League? The Fantrax draft-style EPL Fantasy Soccer Leagues are the most feature-rich, easy-to-use, and customizable in the industry. Sign up now to enjoy the incredible experience that is a Fantasy EPL Draft League on Fantrax!
🔥🔥🔥 Gameweek 9 Player Rankings: Hot List 🔥🔥🔥
These are Fantasy EPL Draft players that have risen in our rankings! These are potential free agents on good form or established players that you should be looking to trade-in. Keep an eye on these players, and bring them into your Fantrax squad if you can!
Next 5 Fixtures: MCI (H), che (A), ARS (H), cpl (A), liv (A)
What’s Changed?: Doherty seems to be coming back into the fantasy form everyone has loved him for. He has had two 20+ point outings in his last three games and now boasts a PPM of 11.17. Doherty got his first assist of the season on a perfect delivery to Harry Kane late on to help Spurs win. Doherty had a very poor start to the season, and their were even talks of Aurier giving him a real challenge for that RB spot, but it seems Doherty will be safe there, as well start to deliver the points.
Spurs are coming into a super tough run of fixtures on paper, but besides Chelsea, none of these teams have been scoring a ton of goals. Don’t be afraid to start him in your XI against these teams, you could get lucky with another assist, or the odd clean sheet. Before this run of tough games, now may be the time to trade in Doherty and convince the other manager he is “selling high”. I expect Doherty to provide DEF1 value consistently this season.
*Doherty just tested positive for COVID-19 but should only miss the Manchester City match which is not a huge blow.
Next 5 Fixtures: new (A), TOT (H), LEE (H), eve (A), wol (A)
What’s Changed?: Ziyech has arrived! Back to back 20+ point performances, and three assists in his first two EPL starts, this midfield magician can truly be the key creator Chelsea need. Ziyech has been brilliant in almost every minute he has played for Chelsea this year, and could go on to finish as their top scorer this season in Fantrax. Ziyech has a very good delivery from set-plays and with Zouma and Silva to aim at, we could see him rack up the assists. Chelsea attack is finally clicking and Pulisic hasn’t fully been added to the mix yet!
Next few games will be a good test for Ziyech to see if some defences can cause him problem, but I still expect him to have a very high floor and ceiling this season. If you were one of the patient ones who held onto him the first few months post-draft, congratulations! It may be too late to trade him in for good value, but always worth trying for a guy who could very easily be a top 5 midfielder this season.
Team: Crystal Palace
Next 5 Fixtures: bur (A), NEW (H), wba (A), TOT (H), whu (A)
What’s Changed?: Eze earns his spot on this list after one spectacular performance and a dream run of fixtures to follow. Eze faces three bottom table teams in a row who have shaky defences. With the winger on majority of set pieces he could be set for a continued place in this article. Palace aren’t usually ones to score a lot of goals, but Eze may provide the extra little spark as we saw in their recent 4-1 smashing of Leeds United.
The hope is Eze continues in the XI over Schlupp, and after this performance Hodgson would be crazy to drop him. Obviously if he is still on your waiver wire he is a MUST pick up, but if you can some how throw in a low ball offer for Eze to a manager thinking they are selling high it is worth a shot.
Gameweek 9 Player Rankings: More Hot Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- James Tarkowski (93%, Burnley) – The Fantrax favorite is back to what he does best. Aerials galore and helping solidify that Burnley D.
- Kurt Zouma (89%, Chelsea) – Continues to perform at DEF1 level. Was close to making the main write up above!
- Aaron Creswell (85%, West Ham) – 3 Assists, 17 KP, set piece duty. Schedule gets easier. Get him in if you can.
- Nelson Semedo (85%, Wolves) – Semedo is performing very well after a poor debut. The most in-form defender in Fantrax right now!
- Jannik Vestergaard (78%, Southampton) – This guy continues to perform extremely well. Clean sheets, goals, ghost points… The Great Dane does it all.
- Matty Cash (74%, Aston Villa) – Possesses a solid base with a good chance for some attacking returns. Ignore the Gameweek 7 disaster!
- Vladimir Coufal (39%, West Ham) – A poor display in Gameweek 7, but the fixtures now turn for the better, and the new WHU right-back has been playing really well.
- Antonee Robinson (22%, Fulham) – The American left-back has worked his way into the team and is a really tidy Fantrax asset.
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Bruno Fernandes (100%, Manchester United) – An extremely consistent asset.
- Jack Grealish (100%, Aston Villa) – An insane player this season. 2nd highest scoring player, and has played a game less!
- James Rodriguez (94%, Everton) – Continuing his magnificent start, although missed out in Gameweek 7 due to injury. A poor display vs. United, but will be looking to bounce back.
- James Ward-Prowse (100%, Southampton) – Top Fantrax scorer the last 3 gameweeks, on every dead ball, and is leading the Saints without Ings.
- Daniel Podence (90%, Wolves) – Continues to score extremely well, and is keeping Adama out of the side.
- Ross Barkley (88%, Aston Villa) – On fire since his move to Villa, and adding decent ghost points.
- Theo Walcott (48%, Southampton) – Two starts, two assists. Ousted Redmond from the side this weekend.
- Tom Cairney (42%, Fulham) – Questionable in real life, turning into a bit of a beast in Fantrax.
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Mohamed Salah (100%, Liverpool) – Obviously.
- Harry Kane (100%, Tottenham) – On ridiculous form this season!
- Heung-Min Son (100%, Tottenham) – Just keep scoring. Just keep scoring.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (100%, Everton) – Continues to score goals, even without colleagues James and Richarlison alongside him.
- Callum Wilson (92%, Newcastle) – I’ll admit I was skeptical on Wilson this season due to his horror show of a season last time around. Performing extremely well for the Magpies so far though!
- Ollie Watkins (90%, Aston Villa) – Destroyed the Champions with a hat trick, has been solid in all his starts.
- Che Adams (85%, Southampton) – Four double-digit performances in a row.
- Ademola Lookman (62%, Fulham) – Scoring pretty well, a decent FWD3 option for most!
❄️❄️❄️ Gameweek 9 Player Rankings: Cold List ❄️❄️❄️
These are Fantasy EPL players that have fallen in our rankings. This may be due to poor form, they have been dropped from the best 11, they have suffered an injury, or received a suspension. It’s time to consider dropping these players from your squads!
Team: Manchester United
Next 5 Fixtures: WBA (H), sou (A), whu (A), MCI (H), shu (A)
What’s Changed?: Martial currently has a horrible -0.6 PPM, and looks completely out of sorts. While United hasn’t been at their best in general things look awfully bleak for Martial. As a United fan, I think he looks disinterested and frustrated with his completely ghost performance vs. Everton highlighting his struggles. Martial has only managed 3 shots in 4 starts with 0 of those hitting the target. I really hope to see some improvement and the next three games are the perfect time to see that. Cavani coming in for Martial and scoring a goal doesn’t help the calls to have him benched in coming weeks.
Recommendation: If you have Martial you definitely spent way too high a draft spot on him, and it would be impossible to even get 80% of that value now. I recommend holding for now or going in for another underperforming striker such as Jimenez. As a United fan, I hope it’s only up from here, but I say that with cautious optimism.
Next 5 Fixtures: LEI (H), bri (A), WOL (H), ful (A), TOT (H)
What’s Changed?: Firmino has to be one of the biggest fantasy disappointments so far this season. Three double-digit scores in eight starts is not great for a round 2/3 pick. Surround that with two negative scores and a few sub seven-point performances you get frustration. The good thing about Firmino in the past was his ability to play the majority of the game and with Liverpool have a chance for some points late in “garbage time”. This season we are seeing him get hooked earlier and earlier, having been subbed off in each of his last 5 starts, including before the 60-minute mark vs. Manchester City. While Firmino may be key for Liverpool’s title challenge, in reality, he is not the key to your fantasy title run.
Recommendation: I’d try trading out Firmino immediately, can you get an out of form Martial or a package for an out of form Jimenez or Aubameyang? Your first stop should be the Liverpool fans in your league.
Next 5 Fixtures: lee (A), WOL (H), tot (A), BUR (H), SOU (H)
What’s Changed?: Lacazette has gone from hero to zero real fast for fantasy managers. Single-digit outings in his last 4 appearances and the clock could be ticking fast on his time in the XI. Fans are calling for Pepe to be recalled, as well Arteta could call upon the work rate of Nketiah to get Arsenal out of this mini-slump. Lacazette has also only managed 90 minutes one time this season in the loss to Leicester. Managers who drafted Lacazette may have been full of joy with his 3 goals in 3 starts, but now he has looked to cool off. To make things worse, Arsenal doesn’t have the best schedule, facing teams who can be quite difficult to beat especially for an out of form attack.
Recommendation: I would not drop Lacazette, but I would float him around in trade offers. Try trading him out in a package deal to acquire a better player, or offer him out to the Arsenal fan in your league.
Gameweek 9 Player Rankings: More Cold Players!
Fantasy EPL Defenders
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (100%, Liverpool) – Trent just isn’t picking up the points this year. Stick with him if you own him though, his trade value is too low to trade out! Rumored to be injured for about 4 weeks now!
- Kieran Tierney (88%, Arsenal) – Not producing as a center back in a back 5, look out for lineups and only play him if he is playing wingback/fullback.
- Michael Keane (86%, Everton) – Take away his two goals this season, and he’s been very poor. Not picking up ghost points at all. Hold for the next few fixtures then drop.
- Ezri Konsa (72%, Aston Villa) – Started the season very well, but it’s not really happening for Konsa at the moment. I would drop him, and any other Villa defender apart from Cash.
- Enda Stevens (57%, Sheffield United) – Sheffield United looks to be in a serious sophomore slump and at this point all defensive assists are droppable.
- Joe Byran (26%, Fulham) – Lost his place in the side to Robinson. Drop.
- Marcal (15%, Wolves) – The Wolves’ defense/wing-backs are so hard to predict. Marcal probably isn’t going to be first choice.
Fantasy EPL Midfielders
- Christian Pulisic (100%, Chelsea) – Pulisic continues to frustrate as a Fantrax asset. Injured during the warm-up in Gameweek 7!
- Leandro Trossard (93%, Brighton) – The talented Belgian flatters to deceive as a fantasy asset… struggles for ghost points. Seems to have an injury also.
- Jorginho (87%, Chelsea) – Offers nothing other than the odd penalty goal. Deserves 7% ownership rather than 87%!! Was recently dropped from the XI. Drop.
- Donny van de Beek (79%, Manchester United) – Don’t be fooled by the big-name player at the big-name club. Drop him. He doesn’t play.
- Lucas Moura (69%, Tottenham) – Probably my favorite player from the All or Nothing documentary, but he’s not playing regularly this season and Bale is getting fitter. Drop him.
- Joao Moutinho (67%, Wolves) – Wolves are looking for a settled formation and Moutinho is clearly paying the price.
- Nathan Redmond (50%, Southampton) – Only 3 starts this season, with a highest score of 9. Drop him if he doesn’t start GW9.
- Grady Diangana (53%, West Brom) – Struggling so far this season. Droppable.
- Dele Alli (48%, Tottenham) – Not playing. Jose doesn’t like him. Drop.
Fantasy EPL Forwards
- Raheem Sterling (100%, Manchester City) – Not performing to his best, but still an elite asset. He will come good!
- Sergio Aguero (99%, Manchester City) – Rushed back from injury only to get injured again.
- Willian (97%, Arsenal) – We’re going Arsenal heavy here. Willian isn’t performing well for Fantrax managers, and its very disappointing. Trade out if you can!
- Adama Traore (95%, Wolves) – Nuno seems to like bringing him on to win games against tired defenses. It might be working in real life, but fantasy managers are furious. Do the right thing, Nuno.
- Mason Greenwood (92%, Manchester United) – Disciplinary issues, Cavani as competition. It doesn’t look good.
- Nicolas Pepe (75%, Arsenal) – Same old story for Pepe. And I don’t want any part of it.
- Chris Wood (70%, Burnley) – Scoring poorly and borderline droppable.
- Rhian Brewster (37%, Sheffield United) – Doesn’t look suited to the Fantrax Scoring System. Drop unless your desperate.
- Steven Bergwijn (31%, Tottenham) – Drop.
Follow The Fantasy Football Chaps on Twitter @TheFFChaps for all the latest!
Fantrax was one of the fastest-growing fantasy sites of 2019 and we’re not letting our foot off the pedal now! With multi-team trades, designated commissioner/league managers, and drag/drop easy click methods, Fantrax is sure to excite the serious fantasy sports fan – sign up now for a free year at Fantrax.com.