If you’ve made it to the fantasy championship round, congratulations! That means you’re doing something right and have been able to successfully navigate the boom-or-bust waters of the tight end position. As we turn our attention to the Week 17 tight end rankings, continue to start your studs. If you’re streaming the position, target favorable matchups or players who are on teams that have something to play for. Good luck in Week 17, and cross your fingers for those touchdowns!
Tight End Notes
- Mike White was cleared to play in Week 17, and I’m loving the move for Tyler Conklin. Conklin faces off against a Seahawks defense that is bleeding the most fantasy points to tight ends. Additionally, they’re allowing the third-most receiving yards and touchdowns to the position. Conklin is averaging six targets per game with White under center. The Jets need to win out in order to have a shot at postseason play, and Conklin could continue to be a prime target for White this week.
- Cole Kmet is averaging six targets per game over the last four weeks. While the volume is nice to see, it hasn’t been pretty. The touchdowns haven’t been there, and Kmet topped 30 yards only once in those four games. However, Kmet has a good shot at putting up strong numbers this week against Detroit. The Lions allow the fifth-most fantasy points to tight ends, and the 10 touchdowns they’ve surrendered to the position is tied for league-most. If there’s a week where Kmet could find the end zone, it’s this one.
- Tyler Higbee is coming off his best game of the season, catching 9-of-11 targets for 94 yards and two scores. It was his first double-digit target game since Week 5, and his third touchdown in two weeks. Injuries have taken their toll on the Rams’ pass-catchers this season, and Higbee has been benefitting of late. The Rams should lean on him again against a Chargers defense that is 14th against tight ends. Higbee is a solid play this week and rounds out my top-12.
- If you’re looking for a dart throw this week, Noah Fant could be your man. He’s scored three times in the last four weeks and is tied with Tyler Lockett for the second-most red zone looks on the Seahawks. The matchup against the Jets isn’t great, as they’ve only allowed two touchdowns to tight ends this season. However, they’ve also given up the eighth-most receiving yards to the position. Will Dissly just landed on the IR so Fant should get more playing time this week. That, plus red zone looks, could pay off in Week 17.
- I’m fading Chigoziem Okonkwo this week. While the rookie emerged as a nice late-season option for fantasy managers, that looks to have changed with Malik Willis under center. Okonkwo caught one of two targets for 10 yards with Willis starting last week – his worst finish since Week 8. There’s a chance that this was just a one-game blip, but it’s a risky move to count on Okonkwo as your tight end for the championship round.
Week 17 Tight End Rankings
More Week 17 Rankings: QB | RB | WR | TE | Flex Rankings
Note: Ranks based on half-PPR scoring